Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

Post by Phippy » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:14 pm

Chode wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:29 pm
KP Duty wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 am
_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 am
I like jarring sensitivity, the kind that scares you when you swim your bait into a rock :doh:
Me too. Zander mentioned that several times he had a fish on, and the rod feedback was that 'something didn't feel right'. I used to get a lot of those kind of bites before I picked up my first Loomis IMX back in 2002.
Any rods in the p5 lineup with that jarring sensation? And just curious, what rods are you all referring to that has that level of sensitivity? Thx
The BMG has plenty of sensitivity trust me. Feeling those bites in 15-20FOW is not a issue at least for me. Many times I've felt semi slack bites dead sticking a jig. I sold my NRX+ 873c in favor of my BMG, just more versatile in my hands from 7/16oz football jig early spring to 6" Magdraft once smallmouth move shallower to bedding areas. It's a standout for me.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:54 am

KP Duty wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 am
_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 am
I like jarring sensitivity, the kind that scares you when you swim your bait into a rock :doh:
Me too. Zander mentioned that several times he had a fish on, and the rod feedback was that 'something didn't feel right'. I used to get a lot of those kind of bites before I picked up my first Loomis IMX back in 2002.
I can’t think of a single Megabass highend rod that’s on the “a 2002 IMX would be an improvement” level. Ascribing that level of (lacking) sensitivity to any P5 rod, including the BMG, sounds borderline silly to me. They’re waaayyyy too good for that.

Pressure bites during jig fishing are as old as time itself, as well. I can’t think of any jig rods (that I’ve fished) that eliminate that bite - and bite detection - when the fish are having a day like that. If there IS a rod like that I’d love to know (but - spoiler alert - “NRX!” is not a valid answer :lol:)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:21 am

I'm also in the BMG is a freaking amazing rod camp. The sensitivity is excellent for a rod of its stature and capabilities and the versatility is also impressive. I've thrown everything from a 6" Magdraft, 1/2 oz wobble head, 1 oz jig, heavy cover frog, and then some. Is it as sensitive in an electric way as say the Steez AGS 75MH/H Bottom Contact II with a 3/4 oz. foot ball jig? Not quite, but bite detection is still in the zone of what one would expect in a heavy power, very versatile P5 blank.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Thebaitmonkey
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Thebaitmonkey » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:41 pm

Got the new Addermine and was able to fish it yesterday. It handled about 10 fish using a 1/4oz Texas rigged dropshot like a champ! Gonna try some neds and little swimbaits on it tomorrow. It definitely feels a little crisper than the old one in my limited use so far.

Junk Fisherman
Angler
Angler

Post by Junk Fisherman » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Has anyone used the new Flyssa? If so, please share your thoughts.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:52 am

Junk Fisherman wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:03 pm
Yes indeed. I'm not throwing 1/16 oz northern style hair jigs on it yet, but no doubt it will be an excellent choice for that application by design. It handles spy baits like a champ, is very capable with lighter Ned rigs, and the smaller Okashira heads are a blast on it too. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from guys already on the new P5 Flyssa. I expect to hear a lot more as they get out there and fall/winter arrive.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:07 am

Junk Fisherman wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:03 pm
i just got mine saturday, so only have some very limited use on it. i have mine setup (so far) with a 2017 daiwa steez typeII and it balances well, not quite like the original but cant complain! sensitivity is great, i was throwing a 1/8oz jig and a 3.2 and 3.75" swimbait that i make, the 3.75 has a very heavy tail kick and i could feel it thump every time, along with dragging it over some gravel the feel was great! only fish i caught was a tiny rockbass, but i could feel the bite with ease. it was around 3.7oz on my scale, not as light as something like a steez ags 76mml, but not far off!

i am looking forward to getting some more time on this rod, the original flyssa was my favorite rod of all time, unfortunately i broke it last spring (my fault) and have been eagerly awaiting the release of the p5 version, so far im not disappointed!