Sixth sense Rod covers

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Donkey
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Sixth sense Rod covers

Post by Big-Donkey » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 pm

I have been using the rod gloves for sometime and I have been quite happy with them, until now. My buddy had a bunch of sixth sense neoprene covers in his rod locker and they sure looked slick as well as doing a better job of protecting some of my higher end rods. Any one with an opinion on these things?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sixth sense Rod covers

Post by Cal » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:19 pm

Rod glove also makes neoprene covers (click on the photo for the TW page):

Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm

I haven't tried the 6th sense covers, but do have other brands neoprene covers for my casting rods and love them. I've had guides poke through the mesh type covers before, albeit rarely but enough to be a concern when using rods with ags guides, and also find the neoprene is far more resistant to hooks getting embedded in them which is handy when using treble hooked lures.
Don't have any for my spinning rods, but that's only cos I haven't gotten around to ordering any yet.

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:24 am

Big-Donkey wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 pm
I have been using the rod gloves for sometime and I have been quite happy with them, until now. My buddy had a bunch of sixth sense neoprene covers in his rod locker and they sure looked slick as well as doing a better job of protecting some of my higher end rods. Any one with an opinion on these things?
Yeh they are nice but a little bulky for me when you get 20+ rods in a box. But they are definitely nice and protect the guides a little better than rod glove

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:59 am

I have a few 6th sense neoprene rod covers. I hate them. They are too short for even short rods. If you connect the strap to the reel or whatever to hold the sleeve on it puts pressure on the rod that I don't like. Mine are a little older, maybe they have updated them.

For me 6th Sense continues to disappoint. Their stuff looks nice but I've had consistent QC and performance issues. They are in the same bucket as 13fishing. The eye candy stuff looks nice but just isn't' worth it for me.

More ranting... I hate signature series anything!!! And, 6th sense it full of it. Using a product cause someone else does turns my stomach. If someone's name is on a product, I'm out.

Big-Donkey
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Big-Donkey » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:06 pm

I wasnt aware of the rod gloves neoprene. I ordered 4 of the Sixth sense from the company so Im excited to try them. I ordered the Spinning reel version. Im also going to get a couple of the Irod covers so I can compare the two. Thanks guys for the info.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:40 am

I am in agreement with the post above, skip the sixth sense neoprene. Wait until Black Friday when Tackle Warehouse puts its branded items on sale. I love their neoprene covers. They go all the way down to the reel. Better protection, decent price. Only downside is I have to guess what rod it is sometimes when looking at multiples with the same rod sleeve. If I was more organized I'd put some type of identifier on there. :D