Googan Squad makes the best rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Googan Squad makes the best rods

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:25 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:44 am
Drakestar wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:11 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:18 pm
If I were to have a channel I would strive to be like Hobie's channel. Problem is, I'd do the same as Reel Test, I'd end up using the platform to try and spread other ideas. I tried some tiktok and youtube shorts under LogicalRationalFishing, but I'm not sure fishing and theology really mix.
Did I miss a rant? I was always put off by the religious cards in the beginning because they have nothing to do with fishing reels, but at least they were easy to ignore.
Yeah I was just saying I've always enjoyed arguing theology but the opposite way. Saying even though I don't like his way of thinking, I understand it. Just using a platform to spread how you think. I can respect other's thoughts, but yes it has nothing to do with fishing. Would be better for a content creator to just make a different video series to discuss those things. Just odd to watch how far a reel casts but then be told Minotaurs and Hercules were real. Just a bit out there for me.
That's the beauty of the Internet. People can discuss what they want and there are other that will listen/participate. Imagine talking about JDM this and micro module that with a random person in the Walmart fishing aisle. For some reason Phil Collins "Strangers Like Me" started to play in my head.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 am

No one wants to hear me say how religion is an antiquated appendage that humanity should lop off once and for all in my fishing videos - so I refrain. I suggest anyone who have found religion to, likewise, keep it to themselves. Now I have something else to dislike Reel Test for, beyond his incompetent reel "reviews" and thin skin.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 am

reason162 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 am
No one wants to hear me say how religion is an antiquated appendage that humanity should lop off once and for all in my fishing videos - so I refrain. I suggest anyone who have found religion to, likewise, keep it to themselves. Now I have something else to dislike Reel Test for, beyond his incompetent reel "reviews" and thin skin.
I actually enjoyed hearing that. Just cannot go much further into it, our site likes to avoid that rabbit hole, causes too many fights.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:22 am

reason162 wrote:
See, that's why I love this country. As 2 thoughtful adults, we can agree to disagree regarding some subjects, and see things how we choose to see them. I will discuss my beliefs privately if someone wants to, but I refuse to argue about it. If someone does or doesn't accept my pov, that's cool with me. I'm not gonna bash that person because they dont believe. That's just stupid to even think like that, as if I'm superior in some way because of how I choose to live. I think that's why people fight about that sort of thing. Emotions get in the way of reason and cant accept that theres more than one pov on any number of subjects. I have learned that I dont have to be right all the time, and people at large would do well to come to the same conclusion. Respect!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:53 am

reason162 wrote:
The :evil: has taken your soul I'll [-o< for you.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:46 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:53 am
The :evil: has taken your soul I'll [-o< for you.
Lol thank you, pray away - just don't tell me about it :lol:

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:16 pm

For the ones complaining about ads on youtube..There is such things as browsers (Firefox) with ad blockers (adblock plus).
I see zero ads ,when I'm on my laptop watching youtube.

bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassmaster_flex » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Its not about fishing anymore with that group. It’s about acting like a jerk because there’s a camera on them. Throwin a fit when things aren’t going their way. All of that sends a message to their younger generation fans saying it’s ok to “sneak” into private property to fish. It’s ok to do this and that cause the Googan squad does it.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:45 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:22 am
reason162 wrote:
See, that's why I love this country. As 2 thoughtful adults, we can agree to disagree regarding some subjects, and see things how we choose to see them. I will discuss my beliefs privately if someone wants to, but I refuse to argue about it. If someone does or doesn't accept my pov, that's cool with me. I'm not gonna bash that person because they dont believe. That's just stupid to even think like that, as if I'm superior in some way because of how I choose to live. I think that's why people fight about that sort of thing. Emotions get in the way of reason and cant accept that theres more than one pov on any number of subjects. I have learned that I dont have to be right all the time, and people at large would do well to come to the same conclusion. Respect!
We need MORE of this getting along today in the United States. It upsets me that it seems the population is 100% one way or 100% the other way. Reality and society lie within compromise. No two people think exactly the same or feel exactly the same about topics. As complex as our hominid minds are, compromise is what drives civilization. I feel like if humans found a way to get along concerning controversial topics we'd then start fighting about who likes what color or what food is best. Now that I am a father, I really hope my son grows up in an America where they like both presidential candidates so much it is hard to choose, rather than who we dislike the least. If people spent as much time working toward solutions as they did fighting, we'd be much better off. I have always tried to use a "show me why you are right" approach toward arguing, will teach my son the same. If I disagree then I present my points supporting my thought process. Whichever one is more logical and makes more sense is the answer. I still think being close minded and lack of education causes a lot of this. And no Facebook is not education.

Example:
Person 1: Earth is flat. I saw it on the internet/Facebook/TikTok.
Person 2: There are tons of videos of even weather balloons going up that show Earth's curvature.
Person 1: Those are fake, earth is flat, saw it on the internet
Person 2: How do you not know your source is fake if sources like NASA, the FDA, any major scientific organization, etc. are so fake?
Person 1: Cause my cousin posted it and he's real smart. Why doesn't my orange juice spill if Earth is round?
Person 2: Goes into actual science concerning gravity, planet formation, physics, etc. of provable, repeatable, actual scientific tests.
Person 1: Doesn't understand, get's mad, gives up still trusts Facebook
Person 2: Also gives up, stops trying to actually explain reality to others.

This happens with way to many things now. Maybe some conspiracy theories have a basis, but they should be looked at together, not from some crazy bias where people don't use science. People tend to go against the main stream cause they fear it, but in my opinion it is the conspiracy people who are more into making money and driving the divide among Americans. I was saddened to see a small section of books at my local Wal-Mart that claimed humans and DINOSAURS lived together. I scanned over it, was awful. Just pure incorrect information.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:02 pm

Funny story… I was at the lake yo-yoing the lipless around and happen to manage to hook into a what I thought was a tree branch turned into being a Googan jerkbait rod in like new condition. I unhooked my bait and proceeded to throw the rod back in the water as fast as possible.

Side note , I walked over to the deep ledge where it can never be accidentally hooked ever again.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:15 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:02 pm
Funny story… I was at the lake yo-yoing the lipless around and happen to manage to hook into a what I thought was a tree branch turned into being a Googan jerkbait rod in like new condition. I unhooked my bait and proceeded to throw the rod back in the water as fast as possible.

Side note , I walked over to the deep ledge where it can never be accidentally hooked ever again.
=D> :lol: \:D/

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:08 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 am
reason162 wrote:
I actually enjoyed hearing that. Just cannot go much further into it, our site likes to avoid that rabbit hole, causes too many fights.
Nah. Some people are allowed to be dicks, others aren’t. I’m one of those who’s not allowed to be a dick.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:23 am

Johnny A wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:08 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
reason162 wrote:
Nah. Some people are allowed to be dicks, others aren’t. I’m one of those who’s not allowed to be a dick.
Any arguments I ever have, I always ask for evidence. Present my case, then ask for theirs. That tends to make a ton of people mad though because they either don't have evidence, or have bad sources with illogical proofs. I try not to be mean, because especially if someone is ignorant, they will get upset and walk off. I went to school at Arkansas State Jonesboro, and later learned our genetics professor was a bass biologist that worked for our game and fish. I have always spoke of fish this way concerning how they evolved and in terms of millions of years. I am never trying to be rude or anything, just what I have learned and seen clearly exhibited in a laboratory. However where I live this tends to upset people and they somehow make it about religion/politics. I don't think science should be included in that argument. Had a guy furious at me one time for explaining evolutionary differences between walleye/sauger versus largemouth/smallmouth. Was just making conversation and the others thought it was interesting.
Wish I had been into fishing in college, could have learned so much more from that Professor.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:55 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:23 am
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:08 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
reason162 wrote:
Any arguments I ever have, I always ask for evidence. Present my case, then ask for theirs. That tends to make a ton of people mad though because they either don't have evidence, or have bad sources with illogical proofs. I try not to be mean, because especially if someone is ignorant, they will get upset and walk off. I went to school at Arkansas State Jonesboro, and later learned our genetics professor was a bass biologist that worked for our game and fish. I have always spoke of fish this way concerning how they evolved and in terms of millions of years. I am never trying to be rude or anything, just what I have learned and seen clearly exhibited in a laboratory. However where I live this tends to upset people and they somehow make it about religion/politics. I don't think science should be included in that argument. Had a guy furious at me one time for explaining evolutionary differences between walleye/sauger versus largemouth/smallmouth. Was just making conversation and the others thought it was interesting.
Wish I had been into fishing in college, could have learned so much more from that Professor.
I like like biology and the science of bass fishing but I also like the art of bass fishing. The inexplicable qualities, the non-quantifiable.
Take something like this, why do LMB spawn when the dogwoods bloom? After doing some research, I noticed it had something to do with the angle of the Sun being at ~ 23°, starting from south to north. I posted that on a bass forum in the early 2000s. You would think I would have recommended dogs, cats and mice should start living together!
People would rather have their teeth pulled than to rock the bass orthodoxy.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:52 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:23 am
Had a guy furious at me one time for explaining evolutionary differences between walleye/sauger versus largemouth/smallmouth.
And that is the crux of it - religious fundamentalists reject science and reason. All humanity's achievements since the Enlightenment happened in spite of - often in the teeth of - religious authority.

Nowadays - in Western democracies anyway - the church has no power, or at least they have to compete in the marketplace of ideas like everyone else. Talk to a "moderate" priest or rabbi or deacon today, they tell you God is love...Genesis is but an allegory, of course science is real!

But don't forget when the church had power, absolute power over peasants and kings alike, how they dealt with heresy.

It's really quite simple - anyone can believe anything they like, but don't try to teach my kids magical origins of the universe, don't tell my wife her reproductive cycle is not hers to decide, don't tell me I can't love a man or a woman or someone in between - you were born in the wrong century and you can f off back in time or learn to appreciate the virtues of secular society.