Maribou and Ned rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Maribou and Ned rod

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:08 pm

Steez sensor is a great Ned rig rod
Or edge rod black widow
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

aaatkr
Angler
Angler

Post by aaatkr » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:33 am

Thanks, but a Steez is not in the budget. Looks like a Victory, Reinforcer and Expride B are the finalists. The Expride would be a no-brainer if I knew it could throw !/16 ouncers.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 pm

aaatkr wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:33 am
Thanks, but a Steez is not in the budget. Looks like a Victory, Reinforcer and Expride B are the finalists. The Expride would be a no-brainer if I knew it could throw !/16 ouncers.
Edge rods are good in my opinion
NFC blanks are sensitive. I wouldn’t over look them but the expride b is probably where I start
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

aaatkr
Angler
Angler

Post by aaatkr » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:13 pm

Thanks to all for your help. I just got a good deal on a 6'10" Ark Reinforcer from TW which I'll use for my Ned rod. It looks like a St. Croix Victory will be my light hair jig rod.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:41 am

I know this isn't the length you want but trust me, killer rod. It is discontinued but you might be able to find one, the G.Loomis Bronzeback 811s-SP. 6'9" 1 power rated 1/8oz to 1/4oz but I throw 1/16oz with it just fine. I liked the St. Croix Avid 7'ML-F but it lacked a good backbone, kind of on the parabolic side.

The 1 power Loomis has a little more backbone and isn't whippy like you would expect a 1 power rod to be. It is that good for hair jigs and Ned rigs that I'm sorry I didn't buy more than one. There is an IMX Pro 831s NRR that I'd like to try as well, the specs look perfect for Neds and Marabou.
Barlow's Tackle