Your most versatile rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Your most versatile rod?

Post by Drew03cmc » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:01 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:26 pm
Drew03cmc wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:38 pm
For versatility, I like my X4 Rattle Viper F3-68X4 as I fish a lot of walking baits, cranks and weightless plastics locally, as well as for smallies in creeks. I caught a 10lb channel cat a few weeks back on a weightless 2.2 Shizumi Mushi on this rod.

If I know the techniques will be heavier, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, etc, it'll be either my XX Diablo Spec R or Jerkbait Special.
A 10lb channel cat on the F3 had to be a damn entertaining fight.
It was definitely entertaining. I ended up walking the fish down the bank about 70 yards to a spot where landing is easier.
Andy

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:33 pm

Wow, 70 yards is a good distance, lucky you didn't hit any snags in the water along the way. Good job man.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:10 pm

By the grace of God I got my rods in today undamaged

They were shipped from japan and in the states in 48 hours. DHL held the rods because the invoice said "wolf" in the description.
NO lie I have the email for proof. It went through several different hands before they realized there was not a "wolf" in a pvc pipe. Than to add insult to injury, when the rods were in my state, they shipped them back to the hub state only to catch it in atlanta and then after what seems like a lifetime of shipping and visiting states, the rods made it to me today.

So with all that I think that makes these rods versatile
side note, this was my first-time using DHL for rods. i was told that FEDEX is better for customs clearance.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:34 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:10 pm
It went through several different hands before they realized there was not a "wolf" in a pvc pipe.
Dead