Leviathan Trinity Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Leviathan Trinity Rods

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:40 pm
Great info, thanks ChrisG! The two Zbones I have show the same blank imperfections, but they're subsurface only (you can see them but the blank feels smooth, where the Trinity blanks look like there's an actual chip you can feel?) It's in line with what I've seen other custom rods built on an Xray blank look like, though.

If these blanks fish like the Xray blanks Kistler uses (AFAIK Kistler gets custom-specced ones, but not sure why they wouldn't), these rods look like a steal. Bit worried about the guides maybe dampening the sensitivity by a hair.
I have a z-bone as well and it has the same imperfections (except the chip) and a different custom rod built on an x-ray blank with similar imperfections. The zbone has the fewest and the imperfections feel smoother. The custom rod I bought from hogsticker2 is the best looking of the 3 different builds as far as guide wraps and the overall finished product. It also has some of those x-ray imperfections (except the chips).

I was also concerned about the guides and sensitivity. I haven't been able to get out and fish as much as I wanted to this summer but I'm hoping to fish the trinity rods with the Zbone and the custom and see if I can tell any difference in sensitivity. I bought both trinity rods for the price of a z-bone and if they end up being just as sensitive that would be nice.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:12 pm

I have one of their XH Swimbait Rods. Great rod and great customer service.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:01 pm

All Trinity Rods have been removed from the page. Wonder if that’s it or if they come back.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 am

Drakestar wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:01 pm
All Trinity Rods have been removed from the page. Wonder if that’s it or if they come back.
I noticed that as well. Was trying to look up the specs again. Wonder what's up.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:01 pm
Just saw two of the trinity models are available again. The Medium and the Heavy.

Gave it another shot and ordered the Omega Heavy swimbait rod. This one looks perfect and couldn't find anything wrong with it.