6’10” st croix glass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

6’10” st croix glass

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:13 am

I have the 7”4’ anyone have the six ten?
Just leaving local tackle place. But no new stuff
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 6’10” st croix glass

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm

How do you like the 7'4" glass? I think I might pick one up soon if I don't see something else I want more.

Are you talking about the 6'10" MH or M ?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:04 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm
How do you like the 7'4" glass? I think I might pick one up soon if I don't see something else I want more.

I’m referring to the Med
I’m selling all my cork crucial cranking sticks for the Med but I like the medhvy. This is freakin ridiculous. It like I’m recycling money in that I’m selling to down size but buying other stuff

I absolutely Love the seven four. I read a lot on here before I got it.
And it was one person who used it for DT10’s that convince me that I needed it. But I really wasn’t wanting another rod like that however after going to the store and putting my reel on one. It’s like this is crazy
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:12 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:04 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm

I’m referring to the Med
I’m selling all my cork crucial cranking sticks for the Med but I like the medhvy. This is freakin ridiculous. It like I’m recycling money in that I’m selling to down size but buying other stuff

I absolutely Love the seven four. I read a lot on here before I got it.
And it was one person who used it for DT10’s that convince me that I needed it. But I really wasn’t wanting another rod like that however after going to the store and putting my reel on one. It’s like this is crazy
Im going through the same thing right now. Sold a bunch of reels to cut back on gear. I think I've purchased 5 more reels since then. Wasn't going to buy anymore rods but I want one of the St Croix glass rods. I need to sell about 8 rods and 3 or so reels and then stop for a while.

So The 7'4" MH handles DT10's well? I'll probably go ahead and pick one up then.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 pm

the 7'4 is the all rounder in that line up it can handle a dt6 up to dt16 if it had to but i like it for dt10s the best, as well as lipless baits that are not getting used in thick grass.

7'2 medium is an awesome performer for smaller cranks i love throwing dt 6 and smaller balsa medium divers on that rod handles them very well, as well as helps getting good casting distance

7'2 hvy is an awesome 2.5 and larger square bill rod as well as lv500/ chatterbait. chatterbait was what that model was designed for i think.

6'10 med hvy is so good as well awesome square bill rod. the 6'10 just might be my favorite.

had the 7'11 but ended up selling it to a friend so didn't get to fish that one but it felt nice, the only one i didnt like was the 8'8 model or whatever it was i held it at a fishing expo and it was just way too cumbersome . that one model just had no use for me I think it only got sub par marks on the tackle tour review if i remember correctly.