Phenix K2 Torzite Casting Rod 7'1" Med Lt

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Phenix K2 Torzite Casting Rod 7'1" Med Lt

Post by njbasscat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 am

I have a custom built on a K2 blank and love it. Anyone have experience with the production rods? I'm looking at the 7'1" med light for 1/8 oz to 3/8 oz. Ill be using 7 lb sniper, and a Steez CT SV. I've read the TT review of this rod and it seems like it would be what I'm looking for. I have a few hundred in TW gift cards from Christmas so I need to buy the rod from them.

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Phenix K2 Torzite Casting Rod 7'1" Med Lt

Post by fishes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:11 am

njbasscat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 am
I have a custom built on a K2 blank and love it. Anyone have experience with the production rods? I'm looking at the 7'1" med light for 1/8 oz to 3/8 oz. Ill be using 7 lb sniper, and a Steez CT SV. I've read the TT review of this rod and it seems like it would be what I'm looking for. I have a few hundred in TW gift cards from Christmas so I need to buy the rod from them.
I have the production rod. I really really like the rod and for your uses it seems pretty much perfect. I have mine paired with an alphas ct sv and the ct spools pretty much seem to be made for a rod with those exact specifications.
Unfortunately I bought the rod right before transitioning to almost exclusively bank fishing and where I fish that means you really need a shorter rod so I haven't used the rod very much at all (its been on 2 trips with me and ive caught only a couple fish). So now Im actually going to sell it and replace it with a shorter rod with similar specs.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Phenix K2 Torzite Casting Rod 7'1" Med Lt

Post by njbasscat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks. Looks like I'm ordering one tonight.