X7 Super Eiger Equivalents

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

X7 Super Eiger Equivalents

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I’m looking to borrow a X7 Super Eiger ( they say that it doesn’t hurt to ask :big grin: .) but if that doesn’t pan out I am looking for the equivalent in today’s rod market.
Please list suggestions
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: X7 Super Eiger Equivalents

Post by Cristo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44 am

Somebody please feed this crack head :lol: :lol:

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:28 pm

The X7 super eiger is one fine rod. It's my favorite from the X7 line and my favorite all time ML casting rod.

As for comparison with current available rods on the market, I would take a look at either the Daiwa Steez Racing Design 6101ML+ or the Poison Ultima 1610L-BFS. Now, not owning either of these comparison rods I can't give an accurate comparison, but looking at the ratings it appears the ultima may be a bit lighter in power and the steez RD slightly higher in power.
Also assuming money is no object. :mrgreen:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:07 pm

You can’t be a crank head if the tug is your addiction 😂

Money is always the object. I’ve been looking at the racing designs quietly though. Very quietly :whistle:
Thanks for the heads up though. I recently was forced to buy the same rod twice because the first one is taking too long.
So I think I have double coverage in one area of power fishing.
This is a different area altogether though. The X7 came as a recommendation for a special purpose rod I am looking for and the hien was not something that I wanted. This gives me a starting place and kinda aligns with what I was thinking.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:44 pm

If you've never fished that particular X7, you won't know the difference anyways. My suggestion would be the Phenix K2 683ml. This is the main stick I've seen comparisons made with. That's in reference to power, taper and sensitivity. Best of luck on borrowing that prized possession.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:44 pm
If you've never fished that particular X7, you won't know the difference anyways. My suggestion would be the Phenix K2 683ml. This is the main stick I've seen comparisons made with. That's in reference to power, taper and sensitivity. Best of luck on borrowing that prized possession.
Thanks for that grande. Honestly never considered it until now
I’ll read a bit more on the K2. Spec wise I was looking at the 7’1”
Either way this has become an interesting subject that I’m gonna talk with the wife about