Guide replacement help

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Guide replacement help

Post by goldrod » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 am

Sent a rod to the manufacturer and they said they do not fix rods. It has a broken guide and they won’t just replace it.
I simply want the same material as was broken. Whose the rod people on this site whose recommended to replace a rod guide on a Steez rod
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Guide replacement help

Post by bronzefly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:58 am

The Tackle Trap does rod repair. Call the shop at 256 281 6160 or you are welcome to message me.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:57 am

Mattman does excellent work. There may he someone local who does rod repair. You're in Jacksonville, so pretty sure any one of the dozens of tackle shops there could repair it for you. Dont overlook the saltwater shops, as most will do repairs like that in-house.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:16 am

Thanks all.

Tim,
I reached out to him via two different accounts and hoping to get a response as he did a couple of custom rod for me

Gary,
If by the time it arrives and I haven’t heard any or the one local shop can’t meet or exceed my expectations than I’ll ship it.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible