Edge Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
sydaar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Edge Rods

Post by sydaar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Does anyone know what's going on with Edge rods? I bought a couple when they were first introduced and while they don't have the bling of other rods I have, its a great blank and I like the graphite handles. On Black Friday I put an order in knowing it would take a while and while they were good enough to move my order to the new rods with the x-ray blanks (understanding there would be a delay), its now been 8 months since I placed the initial order and I can't get information on rod order status or if I could get a refund. No one answers the phone when you call (voice mail boxes are often full) and email correspondence has been spotty. Are they still in business? Short staffed? Concentrating on blank production instead of rod sales? Interesting direct marketing business plan and I'd very much like to support an American company but this type of customer support when there are so many high quality options out there makes you wonder low long they'll be around. Any help of any kind would be appreciated

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Edge Rods

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of NFC :doh:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Just search "nfc" in the custom rods subforum here. You are a part of a very large group of people who have that shared experience.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am

One of my friends on FB is having nothing but probs. Between his initial blank issue and now guides grooving. He just got these recently too.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:29 pm

_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am
One of my friends on FB is having nothing but probs. Between his initial blank issue and now guides grooving. He just got these recently too.

That's alarming. What guides are those and what line was he using? Which rod?
This is the way.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:14 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:29 pm
_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am

That's alarming. What guides are those and what line was he using? Which rod?

Quoted partially from his post:

Unknowingly at the time, I ordered three more rods a couple weeks later in Dec. I just got two of them a few weeks ago & never received the fourth. Its August. After catching a tarpon & big bass on the initial rod, I noticed my brand new FINS braid was getting shredded. It looked familiar with cracked or chipped guide rings but this rod is new? So I spooled it up again with new line & it kept snapping off or fraying. I checked my guides & the first rod has three deep cuts in a guide ring from the braid. Another rod which I hardly use because I recently got it & it's a much lighter rod for smaller fish. It has several guide rings that are disintegrating, not even from line burn.