New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:47 am

If everyone keeps talking about these rods they are never going to be in stock :crying:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am

PBP wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:24 am
I have NRX 843 and old style GLX 844, looking for a longer rod somewhere with power in between these 2 for trigs.
Is 73mh lighter in power than glx 844?
I have 843C, 844C and the Adrena 73MH. I would say the 73mh has more balls than than 843 but not as much as the 844c. It similar to my 873c nrx. So it should be what you are looking for.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PBP » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:15 pm

great, thank you.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:49 am

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm
cndbasshunter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 am
bwjay wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 am
For those who have or have tried the 7'2" Heavy... do you think the action is right for it to be a heavier jig, flipping/punching, and frog rod? I don't need an ultra stout punching rod. Thinking it could be good for 1/2oz and 3/4oz jigs, up to a 1oz tungsten for punching. My Helium3 7'H seems like the tip is a bit softer for frogging hooksets than I would like, and the balance is a little too far towards the tip even with a Bantam on it. I'm thinking the Adrena might be a better option, and it might also be better for punching as well, though I'm not sure. If not the Adrena, what would be a good lightweight rod no more than $350 for such an application? I was thinking the Expride 7'3XH but I'm open to other recommendations. I'm curious about Dobyns' offerings in this area as well.
It will work good for what you need. i have the 73xh expride i use for frogging. It's tip is very stout, good for 1oz and up. the 72H is much better for texas rigs and jigs imo.
I've been looking for a new nighttime t-rig rod for Summer bassin'. Would the 72H be too stout for a 1/4oz bullet weight, force bead, and large plastic like, say, a 10-12" worm, or even something like a 1/2oz swim jig with 5-6" Keitech Fat? Moderate grass at most.

Sorry for the little derailment.

I use the 6'11 M+ for lighter texas rigs up to 3/8oz (typically 3/16 - 3/8) and it excels in this department. I've fished all sorts of plastics on it between creature baits, 6-7" curl tails and 11" curl tail worms and it handles all of it. You'll definitely want a heavier action for the swim jig though.

I think sensitivity is on par with or better than my Megabass FMJ (although that's a heavier action rod). I don't have a need for another casting rod but I like the 6'11 M+ so much I've been thinking about getting another either the MH or the H. It's so comfortable to fish and extremely sensitive. I'm fishing it with braid to leader. I've used it for everything including treble baits (topwater, jerkbait, crankbait) and while it can do moving baits it's definitely better suited for single hook applications. I've had some treble hook fish pop off when getting into the backbone of the rod (it has a surprising amount of power for a "M" action).

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:49 am
Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm
cndbasshunter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 am
bwjay wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 am
For those who have or have tried the 7'2" Heavy... do you think the action is right for it to be a heavier jig, flipping/punching, and frog rod? I don't need an ultra stout punching rod. Thinking it could be good for 1/2oz and 3/4oz jigs, up to a 1oz tungsten for punching. My Helium3 7'H seems like the tip is a bit softer for frogging hooksets than I would like, and the balance is a little too far towards the tip even with a Bantam on it. I'm thinking the Adrena might be a better option, and it might also be better for punching as well, though I'm not sure. If not the Adrena, what would be a good lightweight rod no more than $350 for such an application? I was thinking the Expride 7'3XH but I'm open to other recommendations. I'm curious about Dobyns' offerings in this area as well.
It will work good for what you need. i have the 73xh expride i use for frogging. It's tip is very stout, good for 1oz and up. the 72H is much better for texas rigs and jigs imo.
I've been looking for a new nighttime t-rig rod for Summer bassin'. Would the 72H be too stout for a 1/4oz bullet weight, force bead, and large plastic like, say, a 10-12" worm, or even something like a 1/2oz swim jig with 5-6" Keitech Fat? Moderate grass at most.

Sorry for the little derailment.

I use the 6'11 M+ for lighter texas rigs up to 3/8oz (typically 3/16 - 3/8) and it excels in this department. I've fished all sorts of plastics on it between creature baits, 6-7" curl tails and 11" curl tail worms and it handles all of it. You'll definitely want a heavier action for the swim jig though.

I think sensitivity is on par with or better than my Megabass FMJ (although that's a heavier action rod). I don't have a need for another casting rod but I like the 6'11 M+ so much I've been thinking about getting another either the MH or the H. It's so comfortable to fish and extremely sensitive. I'm fishing it with braid to leader. I've used it for everything including treble baits (topwater, jerkbait, crankbait) and while it can do moving baits it's definitely better suited for single hook applications. I've had some treble hook fish pop off when getting into the backbone of the rod (it has a surprising amount of power for a "M" action).

I think the FMJ is overrated.. If the PA was the same specs as the FMJ I don't think it would even be in the conversation..
I too find the 6'11" to be extremely versatile, I dont use swim jigs but swim baits on the a bladed swimbait hook..
I wish they had more rods in the line up..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Does anyone have the 167L BFS? I think I am sold on getting one of these rods but maybe want to go lighter then the 611 M+.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 am

Welp, I ordered a 611M+ last night. I think it's going to be heavier then I want but the 67L-BFS seemed like it would be too light and I am leery of buying any XF rod without a lot of info about it.

The suggested uses are wacky as hell, I am really looking forward to seeing how it really fishes.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:30 am

Houndfish wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 am
Welp, I ordered a 611M+ last night. I think it's going to be heavier then I want but the 67L-BFS seemed like it would be too light and I am leery of buying any XF rod without a lot of info about it.

The suggested uses are wacky as hell, I am really looking forward to seeing how it really fishes.

Thinking about finding another vendor
Tackle warehouse has pushed them back to December ](*,)

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:45 am

That’s one of the reasons I jumped on it when I found one instock at ALF. They had a few more as of last night.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:02 am

Houndfish wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:45 am
That’s one of the reasons I jumped on it when I found one instock at ALF. They had a few more as of last night.

Thanks
Called and spoke with the guy.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:28 pm

It has arrived. Thoughts after like 45min of yard-fishing:

-It feels crazy light.
-The seat fits the steez wonderfully.
-The power/taper reminds me a lot of my 783c.
-The handle is very very weird feeling, not in a bad way but super weird.

I can't get out with it until tomorrow evening but I am pretty pumped.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:58 pm

I have the 7’2”
Took it out today
With a geecrack

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 pm

I have the entire casting lineup and I love them... all my destroyers are slowly leaving my arsenal.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:19 pm

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 pm
I have the entire casting lineup and I love them... all my destroyers are slowly leaving my arsenal.
I understand
I have two 7’2” and have been comparing them with my only Dobyns hP 745 , Zbone heavy x f LEXFH57’3”, H3 7’3” xf, gen one cumara 7’2” medhvy. I’ve just been trying to see what they are closet to.
Right now I have an Antares non dc on one and steez ex on the other. I’ve just been mixing and matching. With the Antares combo I casted 1/8 tungsten weight bellows Gill 3.8 and not only could I feel the bite. I felt the differences between the blue gill and the bass.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Maybe it’s me but the weird thing about the rod is whenever something hits the butt it sounds like glass. A very amplified sound that always gets me looking around