New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Post Reply
jdbassman32
Angler
Angler
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by jdbassman32 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 am

Just picked up a new 6'11" and used it this past weeknd. Very nice rod overall and appers to be very versatile. I'm hoping the blank is not too stiff for throwing 110's and pointer 100's.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by cumara » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am

Can anyone compare and contrast the new 7" 3" MH with the Gen 1, 7' 2" MH-G? Thanks for any insight!

Fran87
Angler
Angler
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:35 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Fran87 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:34 am

cumara wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am
Can anyone compare and contrast the new 7" 3" MH with the Gen 1, 7' 2" MH-G? Thanks for any insight!
+1

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5756
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:29 pm

jdbassman32 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 am
Just picked up a new 6'11" and used it this past weeknd. Very nice rod overall and appers to be very versatile. I'm hoping the blank is not too stiff for throwing 110's and pointer 100's.
Shouldn't be

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by sarcazmo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Just received my spinning rod the other day. Looking forward to getting it out on the water next week. Probably be my new drop shot rod.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hennessy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm

First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3595
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too.

Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
:shock:
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.

User avatar
bronzebacks
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:24 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by bronzebacks » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 am

Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
Man i gots to get me one. Would you say the 7'3" is more of a moving bait rod or do you thik it could do light wire football jigs and tx rigs also?

Real Pudd legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 am

I have the 7’2 H and the 7’3MH and they are by far one of my favorite rods. Something about that 7’2H it’s hard to explain , best Texas rod I’ve used in quite sometime. Tip and power in the right spot makes it easy to set the hook. Sensitivity is phenomenal for its price point, I was able to get both at $290 a piece and would like the 6’11 m+ next and I’ll be done lol

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hennessy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:01 pm

bronzebacks wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 am
Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
Man i gots to get me one. Would you say the 7'3" is more of a moving bait rod or do you thik it could do light wire football jigs and tx rigs also?
That “reg fast” action they rate it, leans more towards a moving bait rod to me. It has more than enough power for Texas rig hook setting I think. It has “VERSATILE” stamped on the rod. Not sure of the rod weight but I bet it’s low 4 ounces wit great balance. ALMOST reminds me of a 2 inch shorter version of my nrx 893. Also from what I heard the 7’2H is a soft heavy action rod, that might be very comparable to the nrx 873crr, action wise. And the nrx 873crr is my go to Texas rigging rod. That is just a assumption of the 7’2H. So far I’ve only caught fish on the 7’3mh with open hook lures but this fall I will test it out with a speed worm

russ57
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by russ57 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 am

Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
How does it compare to an Expride, if you have used one before?

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4150
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 am

I have lots of expride and 2 of the new adrenas. the adrenas are just insanely light and transmit better in hands. The 6'11+ compares to my nrx852 with regards to lightness and i feel more comfortable to fish. Love the handle.

Real Pudd legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:30 am

Agreed .. they are fantastic In all categories.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hennessy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 pm

russ57 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 am
Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
How does it compare to an Expride, if you have used one before?
No experience with the Expride. But it would be hard to buy one when you could get the Adrena on sale at about the same price EVEN if you have to wait. Looks like TW is struggling to keep these in stock because of demand

russ57
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by russ57 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Hennessy wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:43 pm
russ57 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 am
Hennessy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:23 pm
First impression of the 7’3mh is what a amazing rod. For right at $300 after the labor day sale its a steal. By the lure rating I was expecting a “stout” mh, rating is right on point. Have a 7.4:1 metanium mgl & id give the balance almost a perfect 10. So far I’ve only fished a 3/8 scrounger. Going to also be my spinnerbait, chatterbait, zoom speed worm, maybe xcalibur one knocker in a pinch. Using 10lb trilene 100% floro, rod loads up great. By far the best rod purchase of ‘19, rod looks awesome too. Had been using a nrx 854c for those techniques & so far I’m much happy with the Adrena
How does it compare to an Expride, if you have used one before?
No experience with the Expride. But it would be hard to buy one when you could get the Adrena on sale at about the same price EVEN if you have to wait. Looks like TW is struggling to keep these in stock because of demand
Just ordered my 3rd Expride, the 7M Glass. Also have the 72MH and 72MHGlass. Prolly going to pick up a Conquest 843 and NRX 852 next year for my bottom contact needs. These look enticing though, especially since I'm not a huge fan of cork.

Post Reply