New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:49 pm

poot04 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 am
Received Adrena 7’2 h last week and had it out over the weekend. I put a zillion sv tw on it with 15lb tatsu. I was fishing in 10 fow with mostly old dead weeds with lots of stumps and a few rocks mixed in, 3/16 tungsten and a brush hog. Rod felt like I was pulling threw mush. I was very surprised by this from all the reviews on the rod and how sensitive it is suppose to be. I switched rods with my brother who had a loomis gl2 a rod I never fished before with braid to flouro leader and i could feel lots of stumps and rocks. I respooled with Maxquattro to 15 lb tatsu but we were in a different area and I didn’t get to test it much. My initial impressions are the rod is beautiful, light and balanced but is not nearly as sensitive as I had hoped. I may have been bit by the hype bug. Will give it another go this weekend with the braid to leader and if my impression doesn’t change out the door it goes.
So he was using braid, and you were using fluoro? I'm very surprised to hear this. Most of the community agrees that these rods are quite sensitive.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Mines perfect I have no complaints “.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Mon May 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm
Mines perfect I have no complaints “.
So is mine. 611m+ with alphas ct and 20lb 832 and it is great.
Last edited by rando on Mon May 04, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

[quote=Hogsticker2 post_id=674723 time=1588625363 user_id=10596

So he was using braid, and you were using fluoro? I'm very surprised to hear this. Most of the community agrees that these rods are quite sensitive.
[/quote]

Correct. I was running straight fluorocarbon, 15 lb tatsu. I switched rods with him not to try his but so if he was feeling the same thing I was with the adrena. I took a cast with his rod and was amazed by what I was feeling. I sold my fmj to get adrena so it’s not like I have been fishing inferior rods. I will try with braid to leader in the same area we were fishing this upcoming weekend.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 pm

poot04 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Correct. I was running straight fluorocarbon, 15 lb tatsu. I switched rods with him not to try his but so if he was feeling the same thing I was with the adrena. I took a cast with his rod and was amazed by what I was feeling. I sold my fmj to get adrena so it’s not like I have been fishing inferior rods. I will try with braid to leader in the same area we were fishing this upcoming weekend.
[/quote]

I also find the sensitivity of this series somewhere in the average range and think the “mushy” adjective is spot on. I bought mine from Japan before they started selling in the US when they first came out. When this thread started to discuss their ultra sensitivity I was starting to think that perhaps the ones imported to the US were different. They’re good; but the nrx talk is a bit much.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 pm
poot04 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

I also find the sensitivity of this series somewhere in the average range and think the “mushy” adjective is spot on. I bought mine from Japan before they started selling in the US when they first came out. When this thread started to discuss their ultra
sensitivity I was starting to think that perhaps the ones imported to the US were different. They’re good; but the nrx talk is a bit much.
[/quote]

Well I bought mine from the hookup tackle and it’s a one piece so you can take the jdm aspect out of it. Like I said I will give it another go this weekend and see if I still feel the same way. I am glad I’m just not 1 out of 23 pages that feels this way. Thanks polkfish :D

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:02 pm

I have never fished a g Loomis casting rod in my life and was thinking if a gl2(which if I recall wasn’t a favorite of many) is this sensitive, wtf does a nrx feel like!

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:08 pm

One other thing to note is I was fishing in 20 mph wind. My hoodie kept blowing into the bottom of the carbon handle and I could really feel that. It was crazy sensitive i kept looking down at the rod to see what I was feeling. Hope I didn’t get a corvette with and automatic transmission and a 6 cylinder lol.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon May 04, 2020 9:02 pm

poot04 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:02 pm
I have never fished a g Loomis casting rod in my life and was thinking if a gl2(which if I recall wasn’t a favorite of many) is this sensitive, wtf does a nrx feel like!
the NRX feels like mush :lol:

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 pm

I just sold all my adrenas for Gl2’s

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon May 04, 2020 10:28 pm

A rod paired with reel spooled with braid always feels way more sensitive vs same rod with fluoro or mono.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm

after more time i have some that feel very sensitive in hand as with the nrx rods as well, and some that do not. the 7'2 m adrena is pretty sensitive for it not being built for primarily bottom contact fishing and i would almost say it is more sensitive in my hands than say the nrx 854 which i thought was not that sensitive out of the nrx camp. The 893 on the other hand is definitely more sensitive than the adrenas i have. Over all after fishing the models for a bit now i still feel the nrx wins the sensitivity battle with some models. What does surprise me about the adrena rods though is some of the tapers like the 7'4 hvy built for more or less reaction baits like cranks can still be pretty sensitive in my hands dragging a football jig around with it was pretty nice not a dead feeling. Ive never fished a GL2 so cant compare there on how sensitive those are compared to an nrx or adrena .

I will go out on a limb and say the adrenas are more sensitive than the st croix legend elites so far that i have around the line up.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:46 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 pm
I just sold all my adrenas for Gl2’s
I’m not saying the gl2 is a better rod. I was just surprised by what I could feel with the gl2 that I couldn’t with the adrena with fluorocarbon. I respooled on the water with braid to leader just didn’t get anytime in for a different impression. Will give it ago this weekend and post my thoughts.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Tue May 05, 2020 5:11 am

Give us some more info when you do, I’ve been pretty happy with them as well as some other guys I know. It’s not the holy grail but it is a nice rod for the money.

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:53 am

Anyone like the 6'-11" spinning rod? I purchased one and haven't removed the tags yet. Just can't decide what I think of it yet. rated as a MH but seems more like a medium plus. May list it for sale. I like it more than the 6'-7ML. Longer handle.
Philippians 4:6