Longer ML spinning rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Longer ML spinning rod

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 am

Bronzeye wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:25 am
How many guides (including tip-top) does the Steez AGS 76MML have? (By an owner's actual count; I seem to recall a discrepancy between the number in the specs of an AGS rod vs. the number in that actual rod as produced. Could be wrong.)
8 Guides plus the tip...
casterus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 am
Thank you guys for suggestions. I'm interested in 7'6" steez or flyssa. Did someone fish both? Any thoughts regardles action, sensitivity?
Adam
I have both - I've fished the AGS Steez A LOT but only started fishing Flyssa. The Flyssa is definitely lighter in power, but is highly sensitive as well. They both have a nice, comfortable to fish fast action.
Randingo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 pm
I’m afraid you’re going to think I’m stalking you, but every time you post lately, it brings up something I’m curious about. I was going to chime in and suggest the Tatula Elite Feider hair jig rod with AGS, but then I realized it probably wasn’t competing on the same ground as a Conquest. I’m really fond of that Feider rod (I own 2), but how much better is the Steez AGS 76MML? I ask because when I bought the Feider, I was really seriously considering the Steez, but my local dealer didn’t stock it. I thought maybe I’d gotten lucky—the Feider rod does a lot of finesse things really well, and it’s damn sensitive with the AGS—but you are the second person I’ve seen use the word “magic” in association with the Steez. Tell me what I’m missing.
:lol: No worries, it wouldn't be the first time!

That TAEL Feider is a fantastic rod indeed, but the Steez AGS is significantly better in terms of sensitivity. Everything about the 76MML AGS is right in my hands. It's comfortable to hold, it's light weight, incredibly sensitive, highly versatile, and just plain fun to fish due to that "it" factor or the magic. I landed a 20# catfish last summer on a drop shot with 7# FC and it did a great job with a big fish. I've caught everything from big bluegill, crappie, SMB, LMB, spotted bass, and the occasional bottom dweller on this rod and it's been up to the task every time. It doesn't hurt that it's paired up with an Exist LT 3000C-XH :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

nolegsinmiami
Angler
Angler

Re: Longer ML spinning rod

Post by nolegsinmiami » Tue May 07, 2019 5:46 am

Check out the Expride 8'6" ML spinning. It is an awesome rod and feels more like a 7'6" rod. I like it with a 4K size reel for balance.