OG tatula vs New tatula rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: OG tatula vs New tatula rod

Post by Edward78 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:36 am

poisonokie wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm
That's good to hear. They really are great rods for the money and I'm glad they actually managed to improve upon them without jacking up the price. Here are the weights of the 1st gen models I have or have had in the past:

Tatula 6101MXB: 3.8
Tatula 6101MHFB: 3.7
Tatula 711MHXB: 3.8
Tatula 711MHRB: 4.3
Tatula 761HFB: 4.3
Tatula 721MHRB-G: 5.3
Tatula 771MRB-G: 5.8

I'd be interested to know if the first four went up in weight. The first three are really well balanced, and the 76 wasn't bad at all for a long, heavy action flipping stick. The rest are pretty tip heavy, but not unfishably so since they're moving bait rods anyway. The only one that bugs me is the 711MHRB because it would otherwise be a great topwater rod for bigger pencil poppers and walking baits. There's a lot of extra carbon in the tip to give it a regular action as you can see from the half ounce of extra weight compared to the extra fast model of the same length, which I love and will probably never part with. I really wish I could find the MS-X 67MH to take the place of the 711MHRB, but that's the only one I can't find anywhere that will actually ship it to me. :-k
I have the 7'3 Fast Daiwa Tatula Elite MH TAEL731MHFB and its 4.68

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 am

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:51 pm
E73Bass wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:16 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm
Yes, but I use it more for senkos, finesse jigs, and light texas rigs. It's great for dead sticking 5.8 and 6.8 flick shakes.
Daiwa needs to bring this rod or an equivalent ... ie Steez Harrier-Finesse to pair with the new Steez ct sv
If I get an Alphas CT, and let's be honest, I will, that rod is where it's going.
I have the Alphas CT and I did have that rod but ended up selling it off because the tip was just to fragile to me, I put my ACT on a Daiwa Tatula ML 691MLRB @ 3.62 oz and its great for small jerks and cranks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:05 am

Randingo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm
Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Cronos rods? I’d just bought several Gen 1 Tatulas shortly before they came out, but I always thought that the Cronos felt lighter in hand and definitely crisper. By the next time I was buying rods, I’d stepped up in price and performance to the AGS Tatula Signature rods and Megabass. And I’m going to go with the Destroyer series for my next rod purchases.
I liked the now discontinued Cronos better than the first generation Tatula rods as well. They did feel better overall in my hands. Smart choice going with the new Megabass Destroyer models too... they're fantastic =D>
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:29 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:05 am

I liked the now discontinued Cronos better than the first generation Tatula rods as well. They did feel better overall in my hands. Smart choice going with the new Megabass Destroyer models too... they're fantastic =D>
I actually looked at Daiwa’s site before I wrote this question, and there was no indication that the Cronos rods were discontinued. I’m glad you know what’s going on...

And yeah, I’m psyched for the Megabass Destroyer rods, and I’ll be placing an order soon. There’s a slight delay while I pay for new glasses and Rx sunglasses... I had to cut off half a leg to pay for them... 😬

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 am

according to daiwa's site, the steez xt rods haven't been discontinued either but they are :D

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:13 am

Bumping this thread rather than creating a new topic. My rose tinted glasses tell me the 1st gen rods were better than the Elite I have now. At the time the 1st gen rods stood out to me in how sensitive and balanced they were for a sub $200 rod especially with a $100 street price. My 73MH Elite feels tip heavy and merely adequate in sensitivity for a $180 rod. Did everything else just get a lot better and raise my standards while the Tatula rods have more or less been the same?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 pm

Do you have the 23 Tatula Elite as a comparison or the solid silver older model? The new 23 Elite rods are a pretty significant improvement over their predecessors. I'm awfully impressed with the new Tatula XT's for that matter, extremely impressive for a $100 rod.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:13 am

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 pm
Do you have the 23 Tatula Elite as a comparison or the solid silver older model? The new 23 Elite rods are a pretty significant improvement over their predecessors. I'm awfully impressed with the new Tatula XT's for that matter, extremely impressive for a $100 rod.
I have the old Elite.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 am

The new reel seats are nice by far my favorite. Just wanted to add that. Just pick up the new ags jerkbait to compare it to my Xx jerkspecial and expride 6'10. I like the handle length best so far and it feel like the xx and expride had a baby version.