Couple Megabass Rod Questions on Orochi XXX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Couple Megabass Rod Questions on Orochi XXX

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:43 am

F6-611 Mat Bucker and the . F5-610 Chimaera

Anyone have either of these two rods?
looking for some real time feedback
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Couple Megabass Rod Questions on Orochi XXX

Post by poot04 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:05 pm

goldrod wrote:F6-611 Mat Bucker and the . F5-610 Chimaera

I have the chimaera what would you like to know? I would say it’s a true fast action rod with a decent backbone. It’s light and balanced. I got it for 1/4 to 3/8 Texas rigs but have thrown square bills and 3/8 spinnerbaits on it. I basically use it to rotate threw baits when my go to stuff isn’t working to try and salvage the day.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm

poot04 wrote:

I have the chimaera what would you like to know? I would say it’s a true fast action rod with a decent backbone. It’s light and balanced. I got it for 1/4 to 3/8 Texas rigs but have thrown square bills and 3/8 spinnerbaits on it. I basically use it to rotate threw baits when my go to stuff isn’t working to try and salvage the day.
What reel do you have it paired with?
Have you thrown 3/8z trigs on it? could you please elaborate on the decent backbone?
Seems more multipurpose
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:14 am

goldrod wrote:
poot04 wrote:

What reel do you have it paired with?
Have you thrown 3/8z trigs on it? could you please elaborate on the decent backbone?
Seems more multipurpose
I have a tat ct type r on it. I have thrown 3/8 Texas rigs on it and it handles them just fine. I live in the north east and the cover is more scattered then elsewhere around the country. I would not use this rod in heavy cover. As far as the rod being multi purpose that is just what I use it for and it is definitely more of a bottom contact rod but as far as the xxx rods go in general they are not overly sensitive in imho but you can still feel what you need to. It is a fast taper and the rod is all muscle form about the 4th guide down.