Any news or excitement about Jackall Poison USDM drop?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Any news or excitement about Jackall Poison USDM drop?

Post by Samuel_b » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:45 pm

I personally cant wait!! But can anyone confirm if they were a significant difference in the blank between the old Jackall Poison and the Expride?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Any news or excitement about Jackall Poison USDM drop?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Samuel_b wrote:I personally cant wait!! But can anyone confirm if they were a significant difference in the blank between the old Jackall Poison and the Expride?
Have they updated the blank, or just changed the handle design as they did with the Adrena?

FishingwithBranden
Angler
Angler

Post by FishingwithBranden » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:06 am

I was told by a Jackall rep that there blanks are the same between the expride and Poison. He said the poison had better guides and reel seat. This is while I was looking at a conquest. That said, the poison was the best feeling rod I have ever held. Almost like an extension of you.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm

This is being discussed in more detail over on the TT review thread FYI.

I'm excited for these but trying to figure out what the deal is with them being 2 piece

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 pm

FishingwithBranden wrote:I was told by a Jackall rep that there blanks are the same between the expride and Poison. He said the poison had better guides and reel seat. This is while I was looking at a conquest. That said, the poison was the best feeling rod I have ever held. Almost like an extension of you.
That rep must have been high as heck that day lol.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Just noticed the new Adrena is "Spiral X Core". I wonder if there is any difference between that and "Spiral X" found on the OG Adrenas. Maybe it's just a name change of the technology.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Are these going up be 2 piece?

raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by raychoi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Samuel_b wrote:I personally cant wait!! But can anyone confirm if they were a significant difference in the blank between the old Jackall Poison and the Expride?
http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/rod/5349 Try the Japanese website. The biggest selling point for new Poison Adrena is the
Full carbon monocoque grip. :roll: :roll:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Jackall is a collaborative effort with Shimano and Jackall. Expride is Shimano only. Different materials and technologies are used in these two different blanks.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Jackall is a collaborative effort with Shimano and Jackall. Expride is Shimano only. Different materials and technologies are used in these two different blanks.
As for the 1st generation and 18 Adrenas, I can't tell any difference in the blank, however the full monocoque grip brings a new level of feedback that can be felt throughout the entire rod.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
As for the 1st generation and 18 Adrenas, I can't tell any difference in the blank, however the full monocoque grip brings a new level of feedback that can be felt throughout the entire rod.
You own one already?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
You own one already?
Yes. Bought it when it was 1st released, as soon as it popped up on jdm tackle websites.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Are the 2019 models 2 piece construction I can’t find any info on that part

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 am

Revofisher wrote:Are the 2019 models 2 piece construction I can’t find any info on that part
They do make 2 piece center cut models but those won't be available in the US from what I've seen. It looks like all three casting models offered in the US will come apart at the handle. Usually, only the rods over 7' come apart at the handle to my knowledge but the 6'11 M+ is the outlier to that thought.

Here is info on the rods from Shimano Japan

http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/rod/5348

Under the spec table you can look at the "pass count".

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

I haven't been able to call yet to confirm, but these are listed on another US tackle site as 1 piece. That's my hope and if so I'm in for the Medium+ as I've been looking for a rod for light texas rigs and keitechs on 1/4 and 3/8 jigheads.