New Kistler Argon released March 12th

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Kistler Argon released March 12th

Post by Heddonfrog » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 am

Fairly recent to Kistlers (2017) so I’m not sure where the new Argon will fit in the hierarchy but here’s their teaser for it. Anyone have any additional information?

https://youtu.be/gqAAa9JeGUs

Edit: As I was looking on their website this actually popped up in the model line section

https://www.kistlerrods.com/store/argon.html

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Kistler Argon released March 12th

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Entry budget maybe? Kistler already uses proprietary NFC SM, IM and HM, plus the new X Ray. I can only assume this is built on a budget Chinese blank. Unless they are offering another NFC model, which doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Entry budget maybe? Kistler already uses proprietary NFC SM, IM and HM, plus the new X Ray. I can only assume this is built on a budget Chinese blank. Unless they are offering another NFC model, which doesn't make a whole lotta sense.
It says they are being built in USA again for 2019. Not sure if that means the blank is US-sourced, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Lefty372
Angler
Angler

Post by Lefty372 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:54 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Entry budget maybe? Kistler already uses proprietary NFC SM, IM and HM, plus the new X Ray. I can only assume this is built on a budget Chinese blank. Unless they are offering another NFC model, which doesn't make a whole lotta sense.
It says they are being built in USA again for 2019. Not sure if that means the blank is US-sourced, though.
It says 100% made in the U.S.A. Maybe using cheaper components?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Lefty372 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
It says 100% made in the U.S.A. Maybe using cheaper components?
That can't be right, because none of their rods are built using materials sourced from the USA. No one left in the US makes reel seats and guides anymore. They are all out-sourced to China and Korea. It CAN be "100% Made in the USA" ....of foreign components. The last iteration of the Argon was built in China, so that's likely what they mean by that. I would be interested in them myself, depending on the price point.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm

The Argon usually slotted in between the Magnesium and Helium. Could be NFC or something else. Could also be what they're referring to as technique specific rod line up, with some new proprietary SM blanks. Who knows....

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Up on TW. NFC T700 blanks, whatever that may be. 220 bucks. I don't know, part of me feels Kistler needs to style some of their rod lines differently. They all look exactly alike.