Daiwa JDM Rod users

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
yellowcard129
Angler
Angler

Re: Daiwa JDM Rod users

Post by yellowcard129 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Not to change the topic but im interested to know if you guys get any warranty on jdm diawa rods?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:01 pm

domthewon wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
goldrod wrote:Got it Thanks,

Daiwa Steez Racing.

#2 Question
how does it compare to the Megabass Valkryie?

Im looking to match up to my IS73 with ZPI spool
Thanks in advance looking to try something different.
I don’t own any of the Valkyrie rods but own 2 of the racing designs so far and compared to any of my megabass rods there is no comparison. I’m sure the Valkyries are great rods but they are for more versatile useage. The racing design line is purely bottom contact techniques from bfs up to heavy pitching. I own the hustler and the jigga stick. Right now they are my favorite and the best Texas rig and jig rods I’ve fished and own. The hustler has 894 nrx power, but is super light and balances better(yes it’s 7’compared to 7’5”), looks better, and is everything I wanted for bottom contact at 102 grams. The jigga stick is much more powerful and I love it for 3/4+ jigs or Texas. It’s got amazing power and a superb tip for working the bait. It’s a whole lot more powerful than the hustler and doesn’t overlap in how I use it. I will own at least 2 more of the racing designs in the very near future. As polkfish1 mentioned they are the pinnacle of Daiwas technology and preform that way. I finally feel satisfied with these 2 sticks for Texas rig and jig. I’ve searched through many brands trying to find the perfect ones to suit the way and where I fish and I don’t feel I need to look any further. The sensitivity is as good as it gets from from the experiences with my other rods including nrx’s,poison ultimas, conquests, 19zbone, every gen megabass destroyer including x7s. I wouldn’t say the sensitivity difference is a huge deal cause they are all elite rods, sensitivity is subjective,they are all very sensitive, and all feel different, but it’s the whole package combined that puts them on the top of my list. This is pure opinion, so take it for what it is, but I couldn’t be happier with them so far for my uses, and will buy more soon.
Yeah; I’m pretty stoked. Still have not received shipping details and it’s killiing me. I’m also thinking about jigga stick in my future. Am I correct it has a more moderate taper than the hustler?
Sorry for the delayed response. I had a really long response but deleted it cause not much has been said about this line and I don’t wanna set others expectations too high. There is a reason a$700+ Rod sold out of most Jdm pro shops within an hour of release. The jigga stick and hustler are both fast tapered on the hookset but once loaded up they are almost mod fast. Maybe a hair faster. In reference to megabass rods. When the jigga stick is loaded up the power and taper are similar to the X7 super rekkai, but a 7’ version with a little more bend in the tip. It doesn’t have a deep flex in the taper, but has incredible backbone and an outstanding tip. More favorable than the super rekkai all around. I’d say I can work a bait with the tip while keeping it in the same spot and be able to tell what’s going on as good as my drop shot rod, and this rod is suited for heavy pitching. The hustlers backbone starts in the same spot but has a softer tip so it has more bend. This taper is more friendly to every day fishing and what more people are used to fishing. The best way to show it is pics side by side. If I get a chance I will post their tapers with the same weight tied onto each later on. For most people I would recommend the hustler because it is more versatile in baits and weighs it can throw. I hope you enjoy yours. I just ordered the 6’10” last night after handling my other 2 for a while. I felt I owed it to myself. Hahaha
Thank you for this! I need to calm down or I might pull trigger on jigga before hustler even arrives. :big grin:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
goldrod wrote:Got it Thanks,

Daiwa Steez Racing.

#2 Question
how does it compare to the Megabass Valkryie?

Im looking to match up to my IS73 with ZPI spool
Thanks in advance looking to try something different.
I don’t own any of the Valkyrie rods but own 2 of the racing designs so far and compared to any of my megabass rods there is no comparison. I’m sure the Valkyries are great rods but they are for more versatile useage. The racing design line is purely bottom contact techniques from bfs up to heavy pitching. I own the hustler and the jigga stick. Right now they are my favorite and the best Texas rig and jig rods I’ve fished and own. The hustler has 894 nrx power, but is super light and balances better(yes it’s 7’compared to 7’5”), looks better, and is everything I wanted for bottom contact at 102 grams. The jigga stick is much more powerful and I love it for 3/4+ jigs or Texas. It’s got amazing power and a superb tip for working the bait. It’s a whole lot more powerful than the hustler and doesn’t overlap in how I use it. I will own at least 2 more of the racing designs in the very near future. As polkfish1 mentioned they are the pinnacle of Daiwas technology and preform that way. I finally feel satisfied with these 2 sticks for Texas rig and jig. I’ve searched through many brands trying to find the perfect ones to suit the way and where I fish and I don’t feel I need to look any further. The sensitivity is as good as it gets from from the experiences with my other rods including nrx’s,poison ultimas, conquests, 19zbone, every gen megabass destroyer including x7s. I wouldn’t say the sensitivity difference is a huge deal cause they are all elite rods, sensitivity is subjective,they are all very sensitive, and all feel different, but it’s the whole package combined that puts them on the top of my list. This is pure opinion, so take it for what it is, but I couldn’t be happier with them so far for my uses, and will buy more soon.
Yeah; I’m pretty stoked. Still have not received shipping details and it’s killiing me. I’m also thinking about jigga stick in my future. Am I correct it has a more moderate taper than the hustler?
Sorry for the delayed response. I had a really long response but deleted it cause not much has been said about this line and I don’t wanna set others expectations too high. There is a reason a$700+ Rod sold out of most Jdm pro shops within an hour of release. The jigga stick and hustler are both fast tapered on the hookset but once loaded up they are almost mod fast. Maybe a hair faster. In reference to megabass rods. When the jigga stick is loaded up the power and taper are similar to the X7 super rekkai, but a 7’ version with a little more bend in the tip. It doesn’t have a deep flex in the taper, but has incredible backbone and an outstanding tip. More favorable than the super rekkai all around. I’d say I can work a bait with the tip while keeping it in the same spot and be able to tell what’s going on as good as my drop shot rod, and this rod is suited for heavy pitching. The hustlers backbone starts in the same spot but has a softer tip so it has more bend. This taper is more friendly to every day fishing and what more people are used to fishing. The best way to show it is pics side by side. If I get a chance I will post their tapers with the same weight tied onto each later on. For most people I would recommend the hustler because it is more versatile in baits and weighs it can throw. I hope you enjoy yours. I just ordered the 6’10” last night after handling my other 2 for a while. I felt I owed it to myself. Hahaha
Thank you for this! I need to calm down or I might pull trigger on jigga before hustler even arrives. :big grin:
Hahaha sorry. I’m glad someone else has one on the way. Please post your findings with yours I don’t care if you feel completely different then myself. It’s good to get more than one opinion. All I can say is I feel these are Daiwa’s elite level rods. They compete with nrx, conquests 19 zbone, poison ultima,x7s all the top shelf rods. All of those rods I mentioned are excellent which is why I don’t stick to one brand anymore I fish them all and cherry pick my favorites and make different lineups to fish each outting. I’ll take the pics tomorrow in the sun, but here’s how the hustler balances with a lighter than stock by a little Steez A
DE000190-FE04-474E-950E-44A8A2475006.jpeg
DE000190-FE04-474E-950E-44A8A2475006.jpeg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 5951 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:35 am

Is it better then the conquest?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:17 am

goldrod wrote:Is it better then the conquest?
I’m assuming you’re asking about the jigga stick, and yes in my opinion I prefer the 2 I have over my conquests for bottom contact. :lol: I don’t own a 905 or 895 so can’t compare the power between the 2, but I can tell you it is more powerful than an 844 904 or 894. The hustler is closer in power and taper to them. I’ve been using my 844,843,842 for moving baits 844 for larger topwaters, 843 for 3/8 chatterbaits, 842 for for hard jerkbaits around 110 size. My 904 is sitting on the sidelines right now looking for something to do. Sensitivity is just too subjective and means very little coming from anyone except for the rod in my hands, but this is by far the most sensitive daiwa rod I’ve ever handled. It’s as sensitive as any other elite rod out there, and could be more depending on who’s holding it. I couldn’t tell you which is more sensitive of any of my rods without beating around the bush cause once they are at a certain level there is no doubt when you get a bite. They all just have a different tick. I prefer the looks of the steez. Reel seats on both rods are nice and comfortable, steez looks nicer for sure and feels a little nicer. The cork on the conquests is the best cork I’ve touched, although the steez has nice cork as well it looks more like daiwa og cork knobs. I also really like full handle grips, but don’t mind split cause more of the higher end offerings out there are split. I don’t mind that they are 2 piece rods, but would prefer if they were one piece. Also on a side note it is difficult to get the shaft out of the handle on the hustler due to air pressure, but I don’t plan on taking it apart again. It’s hard to compare rods from different brands. I will get the pics of the tapers up later when I get home.
Ps I just seen you asked a question on my original jigga stick thread. For some reason I’m not getting any notifications or I would have replied sooner I apologize.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am

Here is one of Daiwas rod taper demonstration photo for now. (Not my pic a buddy just sent it to me.) :lol:
8B2D91E5-B600-4517-978E-D03E059F6705.jpeg
8B2D91E5-B600-4517-978E-D03E059F6705.jpeg (44.25 KiB) Viewed 5933 times

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 am

Is the Jigga stick a 2 piece rod ? Handle separation ?

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:13 am

Revofisher wrote:Is the Jigga stick a 2 piece rod ? Handle separation ?
Yes sir, both the hustler and the jigga stick are 2 piece handle separating.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Sure is a hard rod to find. Like super hard.
I’ve read and reread post on the rod.

I asked the wife if it’s too much and she said, look at those rod racks and tell me what that budget was again.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:32 pm

goldrod wrote:Sure is a hard rod to find. Like super hard.

I asked the wife if it’s too much and she said, look at those rod racks and tell me what that budget was again.

If you’re looking for the jigga stick, I saw 2 available at Asian portal fishing (I think I have that right) just a couple days ago.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 pm

yellowcard129 wrote:Not to change the topic but im interested to know if you guys get any warranty on jdm diawa rods?
This is usually at your own risk.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:47 pm

Ok had a min today to get pics for you guys. I can post 5 at a time so here’s the NRX followed by the hustler, then the 844 conquest, jigga stick, and XX Aaron’s Flipping special. The flipping special is a bit longer for sure but has similar power to the jigga stick, while the hustler is closer to the 4 power Loomis Rods.
2A18AFCF-0EB2-4818-9338-8CFD178865BF.jpeg
2A18AFCF-0EB2-4818-9338-8CFD178865BF.jpeg (28.1 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
6C4BE7C4-313E-4ECD-A502-BBCD081DA687.jpeg
6C4BE7C4-313E-4ECD-A502-BBCD081DA687.jpeg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
823A1DC5-5E98-4343-8BFB-06C0FBC2F367.jpeg
823A1DC5-5E98-4343-8BFB-06C0FBC2F367.jpeg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
B33FF3ED-AA00-4CD7-B2A9-5809E5242959.jpeg
B33FF3ED-AA00-4CD7-B2A9-5809E5242959.jpeg (26.35 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
831469A6-2A38-4612-ABC7-ADD520965ABC.jpeg
831469A6-2A38-4612-ABC7-ADD520965ABC.jpeg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 5884 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
goldrod wrote:Sure is a hard rod to find. Like super hard.

If you’re looking for the jigga stick, I saw 2 available at Asian portal fishing (I think I have that right) just a couple days ago.
I really want to comment but I will not. Lol looking now thought

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Anyone know what "leaderless down shot rig" is?
I'm sitting in a hotel, bored, it's dead winter, and I'm just here reading this thread and decided to look up the hustler, 71mh
Says it's a T rig specialty rod but would you throw some swim jigs with it? Is down shot the same as drop shot?

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:10 am

leggomye990 wrote:Anyone know what "leaderless down shot rig" is?
I'm sitting in a hotel, bored, it's dead winter, and I'm just here reading this thread and decided to look up the hustler, 71mh
Says it's a T rig specialty rod but would you throw some swim jigs with it? Is down shot the same as drop shot?
Hey I just seen this. Yeah the hustler would be good for swim jigs. The tip is fast and has a good amount of backbone. I’d use it with braid or flouro no problem.
As for leaderless down shot. This is one example but there are many types.
73C9F1B7-2954-405D-B05B-5E3DD299F9AE.jpeg
73C9F1B7-2954-405D-B05B-5E3DD299F9AE.jpeg (45.76 KiB) Viewed 5826 times