Rod for Zonda

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Rod for Zonda

Post by poisonokie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm

LowRange wrote:Come join the Zondas on Tricksters club. We could use a regular Zonda.
Lol, I'd love to, but it turns out it would be 11970¥ to ship the one I was looking at, so I guess I'll have to pass. Both of those setups look awesome, though.

:-k

I guess I'll just try it out on my MS-X 610M, since with the stock spool it should be perfect for that. I already know it will balance since it's pretty much balanced without at reel at all. If I find I'd rather have the Zillion SV back on it instead I'll get a purple SV spool and either get the MS-X 69M/BF, the Hein, or maybe even get some metallic pink SLP knobs, the purple SV spool packed with pink PE, and a St. Croix Avid Pearl 66M/F or 68M/XF and see if that will entice the wife into going fishing more often. Hell, even if she doesn't I'll use it myself, I don't care if people make fun of my pink rod!
Last edited by poisonokie on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:C. U. S. T. O. M
I dont know any builders. Plus, I'm sure that would get expensive fast.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 am

What about an 18 Orochi DSR? With the stock spool that seems like it would be a good match as long as it balances.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 pm

bronzefly wrote:
poisonokie wrote:Hein?
Excellent choice. I had the SV105HSL on my Hein for some time, then switched over to a Zonda. It's a well suited match for that reel. The choice is carbon head vs standard :lol:
What about that DSR? Would it be a good match? Would it balance and would you consider it a super versatile all rounder?
This is the way.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 am

poisonokie wrote: What about that DSR? Would it be a good match? Would it balance and would you consider it a super versatile all rounder?
Balance is pretty good on the 18 Orochi XX Diablo Spec R, a bit in front of the fore grip but not uncomfortably tip heavy. It's a very versatile rod indeed, but I prefer the US Destroyer Daemos if there's much bottom contact fishing planned. The sensitivity difference is noticeable in my hands, but the XX is good too. I actually fished the Zonda on my Daemos for some time, then switched over to Zillion SV TW as it suited what I was doing with the rod better for me.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:38 am

bronzefly wrote: Balance is pretty good on the 18 Orochi XX Diablo Spec R, a bit in front of the fore grip but not uncomfortably tip heavy. It's a very versatile rod indeed, but I prefer the US Destroyer Daemos if there's much bottom contact fishing planned. The sensitivity difference is noticeable in my hands, but the XX is good too. I actually fished the Zonda on my Daemos for some time, then switched over to Zillion SV TW as it suited what I was doing with the rod better for me.
Thank you, sir. Decisions, decisions... :-k
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm

I suppose maybe this will do for now, lol. I am pinin' for the Hein, though. Does that rhyme? Keen on the Hein? However you say it, it looks like a killer rod perfect for most of my favorite techniques.
This is the way.