Rods You Have Aquired For 2019

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Rods You Have Aquired For 2019

Post by domthewon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm

poisonokie wrote:
domthewon wrote: Thanks for the tip. Might try that one if I notice something. I hardly resell my gear so a scuff here or there doesn’t bother me too much as long as the reel sits good. Thanks
That's me. I don't really part with much, but I want to keep my stuff looking good as long as I can. Some of my reels don't even have covers while others are NEVER uncovered unless I'm fishing or working on them. Even then, things happen. Like you, I'd rather it work well than look good.
From some of the comments I’m seeing I’m gonna do it as a precaution as well before I take it back out. That’s the nice thing about TT. There are so many guys with experience on the site that not only do issues get exposed, but also usually a solution comes from it. If it only takes a piece or 2 of electrical tape to keep my Steez looking nicer longer why not. Thanks for the input.
Dom

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm

domthewon wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
domthewon wrote: Thanks for the tip. Might try that one if I notice something. I hardly resell my gear so a scuff here or there doesn’t bother me too much as long as the reel sits good. Thanks
That's me. I don't really part with much, but I want to keep my stuff looking good as long as I can. Some of my reels don't even have covers while others are NEVER uncovered unless I'm fishing or working on them. Even then, things happen. Like you, I'd rather it work well than look good.
From some of the comments I’m seeing I’m gonna do it as a precaution as well before I take it back out. That’s the nice thing about TT. There are so many guys with experience on the site that not only do issues get exposed, but also usually a solution comes from it. If it only takes a piece or 2 of electrical tape to keep my Steez looking nicer longer why not. Thanks for the input.
Dom
Exactly. Sure thing. This site has definitely saved me from a lot of headaches and even though it has cost me sooo much money it's actually saved me some, too. Depending on how you look at it.

I was concerned about my Daiwa rods doing that since none of them are hooded, but as far as I can tell they never have. I don't know what's inside those aluminum nuts to prevent it, but there must be something going on.
This is the way.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:20 am

I bought a glx 894 fpr and a zodias 6'10" m

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Ju purchased a mint Phase 3 Elseil. Something I said I'd "likely" never do. So, in comes my 1st real MB rod. Owned an XX Spinnerbait Special, sold it the same week. We shall see how it stacks up to my customs - Point Blank, Phenix K2, and NFC HM. I was debating between the Elseil and an X RAY blank. It was difficult to go outside of my box. Waiting for the rod to be delivered. We shall see 8-[

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Updated list: MC MS-X 64UL/BF, 65L/BF, 610M, 70MH, 70H...

I didn't realize this is what I was squirreling money away for, but it's definitely well spent. Already had the 65ML for three years, so now I've got nearly the whole suite, minus the XH/R, which I would hardly ever use, the Frog and Big Bait rods, which I don't need, and the shorter versions of the M and MH, which aren't yet out of the question... It's gonna be a good year.

Something interesting and unexpected about the 70H is that it has double footed guides all the way up the blank. It has the super sweet tip, sharp action, high sensitivity, and perfect balance of the rest of the series, but also has some serious power. Feels like it will be a super accurate pitching stick for hitting small pockets in vegetation with enough flexibility to keep the pressure on when dragging them back out through it.
This is the way.

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

i picked up the drt remix 73 and 85, the gan craft superbrain, legit travel swimbait rod so far.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Just picked up 2 Smith BFS Trout rods... Got one in and got to play a bit and this year is going to be fun.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Derek777 wrote:i picked up the drt remix 73 and 85, the gan craft superbrain, legit travel swimbait rod so far.
Those are some deep JDM pickups. Nice sourcing. I figured the drt x tulala rods were beyond reach short of traveling to Japan.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:49 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Derek777 wrote:i picked up the drt remix 73 and 85, the gan craft superbrain, legit travel swimbait rod so far.
Those are some deep JDM pickups. Nice sourcing. I figured the drt x tulala rods were beyond reach short of traveling to Japan.
I was thinking the same thing...very nice pickups Derek
At first when I saw DRT, I was thinking it was in the lineage of the Artex versions that resell for 2-3k on auction sites. Still haven't figured out what the heck is going on there..see link (don't think this one sold)
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/352302818?lang=en

After spending all of my disposable income for the month on a rod this morning, I kept poking around like the glutton for punishment that I am, and run across this deal of the day. I hope someone picks up this bargin and can add it to thier 2019 lineup.
https://www.7seasproshopthai.com/evergr ... -77mh.html

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing...very nice pickups Derek
At first when I saw DRT, I was thinking it was in the lineage of the Artex versions that resell for 2-3k on auction sites. Still haven't figured out what the heck is going on there..see link (don't think this one sold)
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/352302818?lang=en

After spending all of my disposable income for the month on a rod this morning, I kept poking around like the glutton for punishment that I am, and run across this deal of the day. I hope someone picks up this bargin and can add it to thier 2019 lineup.
https://www.7seasproshopthai.com/evergr ... -77mh.html

Sure would love to see these rare sabers in the show and tell section... :P