Daiwa warranty service

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Daiwa warranty service

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Cracker wrote:
Joebass1977 wrote:
Cracker wrote:If it was a bad batch they should probably know about it...
I surprised how many different series of rods you had issues with.
Good luck!
It was only two series of rods, the Cronos, and tat elite. I just want a suitable outcome and to keep using Daiwa products. I'm not and would never look to scam.
OK! Thanks for explanation! Hope nobody accusing you in any type of scam.
When I send damaged or broken 1 piece rods, I do same thing - never wrap them up, who cares, they are broken anyway.
This Trevor Weeks at Daiwa is. He refuses to acknowledge that they could've rattled around being shipped across the country in a week's time. Had I known this would be the outcome I'd have spent the extra, but my time is limited and I was upset going through the hassle anyways. I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that rods all bought at the same time and all but one broken in basically the same fashion aren't riddled with the same problem? I mean deem two of them to be defective but not all? Especially after speaking with me? And really they couldn't have rattled around during shipping? Of course they would. I'm about to drop some more money before Xmas on my son and girlfriend, do you think Daiwa is going to get my business? They could guarantee a lifelong customer here. I don't get it. No benefit of the doubt.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa warranty service

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Joebass1977 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Joebass1977 wrote:
Cracker wrote:If it was a bad batch they should probably know about it...
I surprised how many different series of rods you had issues with.
Good luck!
It was only two series of rods, the Cronos, and tat elite. I just want a suitable outcome and to keep using Daiwa products. I'm not and would never look to scam.
OK! Thanks for explanation! Hope nobody accusing you in any type of scam.
When I send damaged or broken 1 piece rods, I do same thing - never wrap them up, who cares, they are broken anyway.
This Trevor Weeks at Daiwa is. He refuses to acknowledge that they could've rattled around being shipped across the country in a week's time. Had I known this would be the outcome I'd have spent the extra, but my time is limited and I was upset going through the hassle anyways. I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that rods all bought at the same time and all but one broken in basically the same fashion aren't riddled with the same problem? I mean deem two of them to be defective but not all? Especially after speaking with me? And really they couldn't have rattled around during shipping? Of course they would. I'm about to drop some more money before Xmas on my son and girlfriend, do you think Daiwa is going to get my business? They could guarantee a lifelong customer here. I don't get it. No benefit of the doubt.
This is always a sticky subject. Rods don’t always conform to our fishing styles and some models may break in one anglers hands that hold up fine in another’s. Also, some anglers consider 11-12 trips a year heavy use where my gear isn’t heavily used unless it sees at least 250 outings in a year. I think it’s clear the daiwa guy may have found it strange that so much gear of different types was faulty in essentially a couple outings. I have only recently made a warranty claim after years of just moving on and that’s because I was sure it was the manufacturers flaw not my misuse. I had this weird feeling of guilt getting the new rod. I broke the replacement the next day. I have owned over 10 other rods from this same manufacturer with no issues and I love their products. I just threw away the second one and did not even want to deal with it because I figured that they would not believe me or hassle me. That same rod likely holds up just fine in someone else’s hands. I don’t think you can blame a huge corporation for this. I mean this just depends on who you get in that office. One guy’s experience two years ago will likely have no relationship with your particular experience this time. But, I can see it from the Daiwa guys point of view. A cache of rods (from two lines) and models ranging from flippin stick to dropshot wand shows up broken and a red flag can go up. One would hope they would not assume a customer is trying to scam them, but I think in this particular situation human nature may kick in and a guy wonders. When I broke the rod I mention above the first time, I whipped out my phone and took pictures to prove it was a 13 oz bass on hook set. I managed to land it with the broken tip. It was my human nature to just assume the burden of proof would be on me. Hope you get it resolved man. Good luck.