Daiwa warranty service

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa warranty service

Post by Joebass1977 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Has anyone had a good experience? I'm not ready to get into details yet, but I've gone round and round the last 2 weeks. First with a customer service rep, then with the Service department manager.
I've spent roughly 5000.00 on Daiwa rods and reels in the last year. I had 5 rod issues and one reel issue with 1 to 10 hours of use. I'm waiting to hear from the service department managers supervisor but I am NOT happy. Hopefully they will make it right.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa warranty service

Post by poisonokie » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:36 pm

My 1 or 2 experiences with them were good. Sometimes it takes a while when they get busy, but that's just like anywhere else. I can't help but wonder what on Earth you're putting your tackle through...
This is the way.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm

I had an issue with and "out of warranty" Steez 2508 spinning reel. Mailed it to the main Daiwa service center with a description of the problem and the reel was returned to me with the issue fixed, reel serviced, and no charge even for the return shipping.

Doc

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:55 am

Joebass1977 wrote:I'm not ready to get into details yet.....
Why don't you get on with it and get to the details? You started this thread on another board a couple of weeks ago. Let's hear it, what condition did the rods and reels arrive to you, what transpired to mess up so many items, what condition did Daiwa recieve them back from you, what was their most recent offer of resolution?

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:22 am

We need some details of whats going on. Personally, my Daiwa customer service experiences have been nothing but positive

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:21 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Why don't you get on with it and get to the details? You started this thread on another board a couple of weeks ago. Let's hear it, what condition did the rods and reels arrive to you, what transpired to mess up so many items, what condition did Daiwa recieve them back from you, what was their most recent offer of resolution?
Ok, I have been hesitant because I really want to continue to use their product, and feel like maybe I just got a bad batch. I really don't want to bash them, but I feel like I'm being treated unfairly.

So bought these rods last year around this time.(17 new combos) I live in NY, and am self employed. I also was boatless until early August. So they didn't get used at all until mid August. I took my family up to the 1000 islands area. I broke a Cronos flipping stick within literally a half hour, and after I took my tatula elite top water rod out of the rod sock, out came two guides. Both BRAND NEW, never used. I posted right on their Facebook page that day. It's still on there 4 months later. And before we left for the week I broke a 7'6" ml Cronos spinning rod on a hook set, with a ned rig.

I came home and used the remaining rods once a week until October 1, we went back up there for a long weekend. By Saturday I had broke my second cronos flipping stick casting a 1 oz soft plastic swimbait. Broke after about 10 casts in mid air. I broke the tatuka elite drop shot rod boat flipping a 10-12 inch small mouth.

So here I am with out a flipping stick and no drop shot rod in the 1000 islands, of all places!!!!. Thats 5 broken basically new rods. I'm not happy one bit. I also had a tatula SV reel that made a noise from day one. I filled out the warranty claims, with detailed description of how they broke, put the receipts in the boxes and shipped them.
I used 2 rod tubes to ship the 5 rods. I did not individually wrapped them. It cost me 45.00 to ship the rods across the country and took a week. And that's with my Fed ex discount. Had I took the time to wrap them I would have needed another tube and it would've been over 60.00. I was already pissed and they were broke so I didn't bother.

Fast forward, 2 weeks I get the reel back, no charge new bearing. I'm happy. I wait a few more weeks and call Daiwa. Customer service rep has no idea. Finally he calls back. Leaves a voicemail saying he apologizes they were basically lost in the system and according to Trevor Weeks the service department manager who inspected them, 2 would be covered by warranty, the other 3 half off.
I emailed them back that night saying I wasn't happy. They were all in the same condition when they left and all had minimal use. I told him I had been a long time dauwa user. I sent pics of all my rods and reels to let him know I wasn't scamming and just wanted to be treated right. I asked for his supervisors and the supervisor above the service department manager ( Trevor Weeks)

The next day I got an email from Trevor Weeks the guy that deemed them abused. He included pictures. Three rods looked pretty bad, and one had a missimg eye. I politely replied that after seeing the pictures I can certainly understand the original point of view. I assure him they were all sent in new condition and I explained that I didn't bother to individually wrapped already broken rods. I asked if it was at all possible that being shipped across country they couldn't have gotten heat up? His reply was that I needed to file a claim with FedEx. They were willing to replace 2 rods, now all of a sudden as a courtesy, when I have the voicemail saying it was warranty.

I asked for you supervisors contact info. He replied that he reports directly to the VP and he had forwarded the email chain. I don't believe him. I whoever is his boss to contact me. He now doesn't even reply to my emails.
My main issue besides the fact I feel like I got a bad batch is the way I've been treated. I complained that I had to call to find the status, he said they left a message but it's my business phone. That's not true. Also he isn't the be all, end all. Or shouldn't be, I should be able to at least talk to someone else.

As I said I'm self employed and I work hard for my money. I didn't boast about what I spent on Daiwa. I just wanted them to know I was a 25 year loyal customer, and would they please treat this issue fairly.
Last edited by Joebass1977 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:41 am

Its been a few years since I had to work with a Daiwa warranty. My experience was wonderful. I was able to ship the part of the rod with the model number to avoid hefty shipping costs. Quick turn around.

I also warrantied an OG Zillion rod. That cane quick too. They sent the new generation.

I do think however, that worker I was working with became unemployed shortly after.

They are usually good about product inquiries and are quick. Maybe managment changed or sonething since I delt with them.

I hope everything works out.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am

And on top of this, I'm certainly not an abuser of warranty. I'm as honest as they come. I've broke 2 previous rods. An old silver LT 20 years ago on a hook set. I didn't send it in. It was 5 years old or so and I figured I had used it enough. And a Shimano crucial spinning rod my now 10 year old stepped on. Didn't send that in either but could've or used the over the counter warranty at the time. My oldest son has sent in a few to Shimano and they've been great. I used them for approximately 10 years before I switched back to Daiwa a year ago, and am regretting it.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:35 am

Welcome to TT Joe. At this point I would defer to the contractual verbage in thier warranty policy. What their responsibility is, what your responsibility is. As long as they are following their guidelines in reference to what they have outlined as a policy, If you get anythiing on top of that, it's gravy.
Joebass1977 wrote:.....Shimano and they've been great. I used them for approximately 10 years before I switched back to Daiwa a year ago, and am regretting it.

..I just wanted them to know I was a 25 year loyal customer, and would they please treat this issue fairly.
Keep in mind all of these manufacturers get their warranty policies abused, DAILY. Even from customers who have actually been loyal to a brand for 25 years.

Posting to thier facebook the day an item breaks before they had a chance to recitify the situation was not very fair.
What if someone posted a 1 star on your businesses google reveiw your about a situation before you had a chance to rectify it. Oh they did... Not very fair is it.
Good luck in your effort. Sugar usually works better than hot sauce in these situations.

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:Welcome to TT Joe. At this point I would defer to the contractual verbage in thier warranty policy. What their responsibility is, what your responsibility is. As long as they are following their guidelines in reference to what they have outlined as a policy, If you get anythiing on top of that, it's gravy.
Joebass1977 wrote:.....Shimano and they've been great. I used them for approximately 10 years before I switched back to Daiwa a year ago, and am regretting it.

..I just wanted them to know I was a 25 year loyal customer, and would they please treat this issue fairly.
Keep in mind all of these manufacturers get their warranty policies abused, DAILY. Even from customers who have actually been loyal to a brand for 25 years.

Posting to thier facebook the day an item breaks before they had a chance to recitify the situation was not very fair.
What if someone posted a 1 star on your businesses google reveiw your about a situation before you had a chance to rectify it. Oh they did... Not very fair is it.
Good luck in your effort. Sugar usually works better than hot sauce in these situations.
As I said, I'm sure these programs get abused. I also have refrained from any public bashing until recently. Go find my original post on Facebook. It wasn't rude or out of line. And the only thing that does is back up my claim that I had issues from day one. I agree sugar works better, than hot sauce,. Being a business owner for 15 years I feel like I have a pretty good idea of customer service. I haven't posted ANY details on any site until today. And great kudos for you for snooping around looking for some dirt. 15 years and one bad review from a convicted sex predator and a drunk that sabatoged EXTRA work I did as a courtesy. I was hired to do some fabrication, not wireing. But as I said I know about customer service. I could have told him to pound sand like Daiwa is doing to me.
BTW, alot of digging by you, nothing better to do? Any personal bias perhaps??? This outcome would be suitable to you??

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 am

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :evil22:
This is the way.

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Why don't you get on with it and get to the details? You started this thread on another board a couple of weeks ago.
And as another aside I refused to dealve into details because I wanted to refrain from bashing. You sked SPECFICALLY for details so after a few weeks of it going nowhere, and him refusing to give up his supervisors contact info, and LYING
, I decided to post. But you ALREADY knew the details of how they arrived back to Daiwa if you were following the thread on BBC. You definitely have an agenda, so feel free to not respond, and avoid posting on any of my threads troll.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:14 pm

If it was a bad batch they should probably know about it...
I surprised how many different series of rods you had issues with.
Good luck!

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm

Cracker wrote:If it was a bad batch they should probably know about it...
Good luck!
It was only two series of rods, the Cronos, and tat elite. I just want a suitable outcome and to keep using Daiwa products. I'm not and would never look to scam.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Joebass1977 wrote:
Cracker wrote:If it was a bad batch they should probably know about it...
Good luck!
It was only two series of rods, the Cronos, and tat elite. I just want a suitable outcome and to keep using Daiwa products. I'm not and would never look to scam.
OK! Thanks for explanation! Hope nobody accusing you in any type of scam.
When I send damaged or broken 1 piece rods, I do same thing - never wrap them up, who cares, they are broken anyway.