No one knows the Braillist??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

No one knows the Braillist??

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Has anyone worked with this stick for light TX rigs? What is the sensitivity like? It seems like the only other rod similar to it would be the western flip.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: No one knows the Braillist??

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 am

Time to be the lab rat.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 am

I had one. After lack of reviews and the brailist name I had to try one. Sold it soon after testing. Don’t expect western flip sensitivity that’s for sure more like XXX. The brailist is faster action than the WF slightly better action for the light texas, but too soft for how and where I fish kinda like the flip in that sense. I like the length and style of the rod just wish it was more powerful. I think the old XX is more sensitive than the new XX or XXX I own or have owned possibly because they have a somewhat more brittle feeling blank while the gen 2 feel more elastic if that makes sense. Anything feel related is subjective, and I don’t want my opinion to sway anyone’s decision cause it is a good rod just doesn’t fit my style. If I fished open water more I might have kept it, but I fish the delta and need the power. Good luck.
Dom

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am

I have one and feel the same as dom. I was so impressed with the first generation i was expecting them to be a big upgrade and its sensitive enough to feel a bite but not what i was expecting to feel the botom It is growing on me though. It does seem to handle fish good and keep them pinned whith a 3/8oz jig and trailer. I haven't done any tx rigging with it yet because i have a helium 3 that i use i just got this past season as well. If i had to pay msrp i think the Kistler h3 7'3" h is way more sensitive in my hands. But the orochi gen2 is the best looking rod i have.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm

I find myself using the Braillist with football jigs as well as super sized shakyheads with 8-10" worms. It also is a nice C-rig rod. I have pitched a bit with it and it is just fine but pertsonally I prefer a tad shorter overall length in my fishing. I have also thrown some weightless stickbaits etc on it and liked it for that as well. Normally if I am pitching with it I try to stay 3/8oz and under if cover allows for it.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

How is the sensitivity? Comparing it to say...the Destroyer Daemos. I like the extra length of the Braillist, but am wondering if it lacks feel. It might be a nice Erie tube and goby swimbait stick if there is enough feel.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:32 am

Tokugawa wrote:How is the sensitivity? Comparing it to say...the Destroyer Daemos. I like the extra length of the Braillist, but am wondering if it lacks feel. It might be a nice Erie tube and goby swimbait stick if there is enough feel.

Sensitivity can be subjective person to person but I feel its really good on the Braillist. The rod itself was named basically as a reference to its sensitivity especially on bottom type presentations.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:41 am

The Braillist is much closer in power to the Extreme Mission in the X7 series than it is to the Western Flip.

I've found the Braillist to be plenty sensitive in general, X7 sensitive, absolutely not, but it's not a $600 rod either. I like the action and power of the rod for it's intended uses. It's a fantastic texas rig/jig rod, and is versatile enough to throw a lot of other baits. A 3/4 oz FB jig is about as heavy as I've felt comfortable going, but 3/8 to 1/2 oz jigs are really in the zone with the Braillist.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap