HEIN Rod by Megabass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

HEIN Rod by Megabass

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Would like to know whose using it and what reel you have on it and how versatile it is and what technique are you using it for?

As much detail as you can give would be great, I am considering putting my other 50 conquest on it or the one10 special. I think that they can do the same things just not in the same weight class. The Heiny hein hein intrigues me a bit more but it also seems a bit limited. I dont think I could use 20# braid on it and sling popper but I could be wrong.. Please let me know your thoughts and IF YOU have BOTH that would be great too.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: HEIN Rod by Megabass

Post by Cristo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Just get one

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Sold mine but one of the best light application oriented casting rods by MB IMHO

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 am

By the way hit me up if you have any questions but you shouldn't have any issues at all with 20 lb braid the tip is super fun and lends itself very well to treble hook applications I kept my 09 aldebaran 51 mg7 on it with ALD0936RRB spool. I generally kept 10 pound test floral clear from P line on it not generally handled all my treble hook applications 3/8 ounce and below(shallow running heavier/lighter deep running plugs) still felt pretty decent with half ounce moving Bates, I imagine it make a nice 110 rod in a pinch , and I even went as far as my Mikey Junior for topwater which is a bit heavy but still can be done I think overall you can't go wrong with either one of your choices but you definitely need a Hien your collection I'm thinking about getting another one because I miss mine :laugh1: but I may go with the challenge version instead :big grin: I use mine exclusively for drop-shot for a while and did some light Jig work 3/16-5/16 oz plus applicable trailer with 1/4 rubber jigs being the main choice. My opinion megabass did it right with the blank technology across the board for the JDM and US versions of the Destroyer line. Pretty damn sensitive again subjectivity in mind I loved it again I probably shouldn't have sold it but what are you going to do :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback
I’ll be pm-ing by the weekend
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Right on man also I think toku has one and he likes his he was nailing that bronze back action sometime ago \:D/

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:22 pm

I’ve been buying some jdm poppers
Just got in a bantam chug walker

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:07 am

I do indeed have the carbon head Hien.

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php ... hilit=Hien

Love the stick! I used it for light TX rigs, small stick baits, wacky rigs and drop shot. 8lb Tatsu. Awesome stick! I did not get to use it with any hard baits, but it would be fine for small topwaters and other treble baits.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 am

Can anyone speak to the difference between the Hein and the F3-61X Speed Tip Custom? Other then length they seem very similar. I am going to sell of a few of of unloved bfs rods this winter and am still looking for a shorter rod to compliment my longer XXX Black Themis.