Conquest Skeptic

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 3887
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:39 am

Polkfish1 wrote:Pre-spawn pattern in full swing this weekend where I fish in central FL. The early birds are sniffing out future spots. 904c plus zillion sv tw in 9.1 is an unfair advantage. :D



Must be nice to fish 2 spawns a year! I've been down there in spring and fall on numerous occasions. I like the fall better, though less vegetation in the spring is nice for treble-hook baits.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Polkfish1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Polkfish1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:59 am

Yeah; FL is wild. That Dec spawn can happen in a night, depending on the lake and year

domthewon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby domthewon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:57 am

Polkfish1 wrote:Yeah; FL is wild. That Dec spawn can happen in a night, depending on the lake and year


Pretty cool. Didn’t know it goes down like that out there. Wish that happened here. Love the 9:1 svtw on the 904 by the way. Need a 9:1 one for my arsenal. Love the conquests no skepticism here just pure enjoyment fishing them.

papagravey
Angler
Angler
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby papagravey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Why are people skeptical about this rod. What does it fall short in compared to other rods in the market

User avatar
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: North GA

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Cracker » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:16 pm

A lot Conquest rods been for sale, very few NRX’s at same time. I guess some folks
don’t like something in them, what force them to sell this series of rods.

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4005
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby cndbasshunter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Cracker wrote:A lot Conquest rods been for sale, very few NRX’s at same time. I guess some folks
don’t like something in them, what force them to sell this series of rods.

no way.. way more nrx are on bst pages compared to conquests.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Rockford IL

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Cracker wrote:A lot Conquest rods been for sale, very few NRX’s at same time. I guess some folks
don’t like something in them, what force them to sell this series of rods.


Ive noticed that as well. For the short length of time they have been out a lot are for sale compared to NRX. You expect NRX to be for sale for as long as they have been available what eight years now. I dont recall so many NRX rods being for sale one year in. The last 5 pages on bbc back to 2013 only 1 NRX for sale contrast the first 5 pages there are 6 conquests.

JBcrankaddict
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby JBcrankaddict » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:29 am

For sale posts aren’t a very good way to determine who’s happy with their Conquest rods. If that was the case those Megabass rods must be junk with as many of those that are for sale on here. For me, it took a little while to figure out what I liked and didn’t like in both the NRX and Conquest lines. After buying and selling many rods, I was finally set up with what I liked. Haven’t sold an NRX in a long time, but have been selling and trading a few Conquests lately to figure out which ones fit me. No where around here carries them, so I have to buy to try.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 821
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby wirinhar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:For sale posts aren’t a very good way to determine who’s happy with their Conquest rods. If that was the case those Megabass rods must be junk with as many of those that are for sale on here. For me, it took a little while to figure out what I liked and didn’t like in both the NRX and Conquest lines. After buying and selling many rods, I was finally set up with what I liked. Haven’t sold an NRX in a long time, but have been selling and trading a few Conquests lately to figure out which ones fit me. No where around here carries them, so I have to buy to try.


I agree what you have said =D> =D> =D>

I have sold few megabass, few St Croix and few NRX rods, just get rid of my 2nd Like new NRX803C last month for USD 150 to my good friend and they are all good rods :).

NRX852c and 894C stay with me cause I just love them :)

WW

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: San Francisco/Bay area

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby DrPerf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 am

Fished with my new Conquest 902S this past weekend. My initial impressions in comparison to my NRX 902S:

Sensitivity: Likely the same between the two rods. The Conquest might have been a "hair" more sensitive, but not enough to be definitive. The perceived difference could have been "expectation".

Casting distance/accuracy: This is where the Conquest initially appears to be superior. I was using the same exact baits/techniques as used with the NRX. I was able to cast further and with better accuracy, when needed, with moderate effort.

Power/Fish Control: The Conquest seems to be slightly more powerful than the NRX, maybe about one-half power more. But I didn't catch anything major for a real test; 2-3lb smallies, spots and largemouths.

I will be using the Conquest again Saturday at the California Delta and hopefully, it will be "tested" further.

Doc

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 821
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby wirinhar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm

DrPerf wrote:Fished with my new Conquest 902S this past weekend. My initial impressions in comparison to my NRX 902S:

Sensitivity: Likely the same between the two rods. The Conquest might have been a "hair" more sensitive, but not enough to be definitive. The perceived difference could have been "expectation".

Casting distance/accuracy: This is where the Conquest initially appears to be superior. I was using the same exact baits/techniques as used with the NRX. I was able to cast further and with better accuracy, when needed, with moderate effort.

Power/Fish Control: The Conquest seems to be slightly more powerful than the NRX, maybe about one-half power more. But I didn't catch anything major for a real test; 2-3lb smallies, spots and largemouths.

I will be using the Conquest again Saturday at the California Delta and hopefully, it will be "tested" further.

Doc


great info, Doc

WW


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests