Conquest Skeptic

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
User avatar
webwarrior
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Oakdale, Minnesota
Contact:

Conquest Skeptic

Postby webwarrior » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Accidentally posted in the REEL forum.


I've been busy all summer so I haven't had much of a chance to fish but recently, been looking at the Conquest rods. I bought 2 to start out with. The 844c and 843c. Brought the 843c to the river and bounced some 1/8 oz swimbaits around and man, I love the rod. Loved it so much, I went back and bought 2 more, the 904c and 842c. Here's what I will be using them for:

1. 904c - 3/4oz punching rod
2. 844c - 1/2oz punching rod with braided line
3. 843c -1/4 to 1/2 oz jig rod with fluro line for clear water lakes
4. 842c - Senko rod

Image
Pullover! No, it's a cardigan.. Thanks for noticing though!

papagravey
Angler
Angler
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby papagravey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Do you feel as if these are the best bass rods ever made. I bought a conquest a few months ago but I haven’t even held it yet. I’m waiting to get home for leave from ait.

User avatar
webwarrior
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Oakdale, Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby webwarrior » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I've only had it for the last 2 days. I liked it enough to buy 2 more. I will have to test it out this weekend and more testing on a variety of fish smallmouth/largemouth and pikes. But so far so good..

I've jumped on the megabass band wagon a few years ago, the same time as when i bought the NRX's but ended up going back to the NRXs.. This might be the case with the Conquest but at the moment, I really dont have a definite answer.
Pullover! No, it's a cardigan.. Thanks for noticing though!

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

papagravey wrote:Do you feel as if these are the best bass rods ever made. I bought a conquest a few months ago but I haven’t even held it yet. I’m waiting to get home for leave from ait.


I wasn't too impressed with it. I had the 843c and got rid of it. I liked the balance and the reel seat was nice. I didn't feel it was as sensitive as many other rods I've used.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby goldrod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
papagravey wrote:Do you feel as if these are the best bass rods ever made. I bought a conquest a few months ago but I haven’t even held it yet. I’m waiting to get home for leave from ait.


I wasn't too impressed with it. I had the 843c and got rid of it. I liked the balance and the reel seat was nice. I didn't feel it was as sensitive as many other rods I've used.



Rods such as?
Catch fish not feelings!!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby goldrod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 pm

webwarrior wrote:Accidentally posted in the REEL forum.


I've been busy all summer so I haven't had much of a chance to fish but recently, been looking at the Conquest rods. I bought 2 to start out with. The 844c and 843c. Brought the 843c to the river and bounced some 1/8 oz swimbaits around and man, I love the rod. Loved it so much, I went back and bought 2 more, the 904c and 842c. Here's what I will be using them for:

1. 904c - 3/4oz punching rod
2. 844c - 1/2oz punching rod with braided line
3. 843c -1/4 to 1/2 oz jig rod with fluro line for clear water lakes
4. 842c - Senko rod

Image



If you could only bring one with you which one would it be and why?
Catch fish not feelings!!

User avatar
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 pm

goldrod wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
papagravey wrote:Do you feel as if these are the best bass rods ever made. I bought a conquest a few months ago but I haven’t even held it yet. I’m waiting to get home for leave from ait.


I wasn't too impressed with it. I had the 843c and got rid of it. I liked the balance and the reel seat was nice. I didn't feel it was as sensitive as many other rods I've used.



Rods such as?


Recently: Phenix K2, NRX, 13 Archangel to name a few.

The Conquest is a good rod. Just feel after I used it for half a season that it isn't any better than other rods that cost less. I'd say it's a top tier rod, just not what the hype led it to be
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

Fishing4Fun
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Fishing4Fun » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 am

Nice fleet of rods and reels!

Thanks for the quick thoughts.

Not sure if I would ever get a Conquest rod. Just seems like so many mixed reviews. Many feel they are juice just not worth the added cost.

User avatar
webwarrior
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Oakdale, Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby webwarrior » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pm

goldrod wrote:If you could only bring one with you which one would it be and why?


The one rod to rule them all? I would take the NRX 854 as if right now.. But thats only because I haven't had a chance to fully use the conquests yet. I did go out today with the intention of using the conquests. I had jigs on them but the jig bite wasnt on. I ended up catch a bass and pike on the NRXs :lol:
Pullover! No, it's a cardigan.. Thanks for noticing though!

User avatar
webwarrior
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Oakdale, Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby webwarrior » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Just seems like so many mixed reviews. Many feel they are juice just not worth the added cost.


Well, with the 843 test the other day, I was able to get into some 1-3lb smallies up north here and it handled the smallies pretty well on 10lb line. It loaded well and the backbone was pretty good
Pullover! No, it's a cardigan.. Thanks for noticing though!

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4008
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby cndbasshunter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 pm

I've been enjoying the conquest lineup, love the versatility and torzite guides. shome models shine like the 842, 844, 902, 903 and 904. The 843 is so so, the 844 i love for swimjigs and skipping docks :)

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby wirinhar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 pm

WOW =D> =D> =D>
Awesome Gloomis arsenal.

User avatar
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am
Location: The Dusty Basin

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Cristo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:37 pm

If that blows your sails :lol: but even I :P can appreciate that group!!!!
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:34 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Bubbleboy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:34 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:I've been enjoying the conquest lineup, love the versatility and torzite guides. shome models shine like the 842, 844, 902, 903 and 904. The 843 is so so, the 844 i love for swimjigs and skipping docks :)


I thought it was just me. The NRX 843 is better than the Conquest 843. Should have kept the NRX
Toronto, Ont.
www.yakfisher.net

Polkfish1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Conquest Skeptic

Postby Polkfish1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 am

Pre-spawn pattern in full swing this weekend where I fish in central FL. The early birds are sniffing out future spots. 904c plus zillion sv tw in 9.1 is an unfair advantage. :D
Attachments
IMG_8267.jpg
IMG_8267.jpg (85.46 KiB) Viewed 2335 times


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests