Anyone have any info on a Megabass F4-70 GTA US Tour Limited?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jrkleba
Angler
Angler

Anyone have any info on a Megabass F4-70 GTA US Tour Limited?

Post by Jrkleba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Looking at cranking rods from megabass and this one interest me not much out there for info/reviews so if anyone has sometime with one could you fill me in on the pros and cons please? Looking for a squarebill to medium diver cranking rod that could handle chatterbaits and spinnerbaits in the 7ft 7ft3in range seen that this rod could be used as a jerkbait rod too which interest me as well. Any other rods in the megabass lineup that suits what I'm looking for let me know much appreciated.

BoatBuggy
Angler
Angler

Re: Anyone have any info on a Megabass F4-70 GTA US Tour Limited?

Post by BoatBuggy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 pm

In the XX line, I've used the 7 ft F4.5 Flatside Special on the big East Texas reservoirs for everything you mentioned but spinnerbaits. I think the FSS is a better treble hook rod than it is a single hook rod. The F5 EMTF would also work but at 7'5" it's a little bigger than what you specified for length. I'm not a fan of throwing a jerkbait on a rod over 7'.

Based on your other thread about swimjigs and frogs, you could probably "get by" with a Diablo Spec-R or Daemos to throw your cranks, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits and swimjigs and a Perfect Pitch for your frogs and anything else. Those were the first two Megabass models I started with a couple years ago and they were just fine for everything you've mentioned so far (except jerkbaits). I now own 7 Megabass rods and I'm pretty sure I'm not done..... :laugh1:

Here's a chart that gives you an idea what Megabass says about the Gen 2 XX series. I've never seen one for any of the other models which is kind of unfortunate......

https://megabassusa.com/wp-content/uplo ... -Chart.gif

Jrkleba
Angler
Angler

Post by Jrkleba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks! megabass rod ratings are quite confusing lol and i see that some models/series the ratings are different even if they have the same f rating. I can see this getting out of hand real quick with the money haha

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Jrkleba wrote:Thanks! megabass rod ratings are quite confusing lol and i see that some models/series the ratings are different even if they have the same f rating. I can see this getting out of hand real quick with the money haha
All I know megabass rods like handphones.... so many version in a year. sold of them all and it doesn't sings well to me at all.
They are beautiful rods though. :)