Megabass levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass levante

Post by M Perry » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Also wanted to add that the new Levantes come with a zippered MB rod sleeve.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:14 pm

M Perry wrote: From rear edge of reel seat to butt of rod is 15 1/2" on new Levante Leviathan
Thanks! The Fury 795c is 13" for reference.

I live about 2-3h away from Susquehanna Fishing Tackle, who is the closest retailer to me who carries MB or really any high end rods. I make a trip or two up there every year to do a little shopping and a little fishing, so I will get a chance to swing one around and see how I like it once the waters warm up a little to make a trip worthwhile.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 am

Well,

I'm a sucker for multi-piece and they got a sh** ton of them on the JDM side 8-)

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm a sucker for multi-piece and they got a sh** ton of them on the JDM side 8-)

Image[/quote]
=D> What movie is that.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Uknowme wrote:I'm a sucker for multi-piece and they got a sh** ton of them on the JDM side 8-)

=D> What movie is that.[/quote]
Old School of course

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Ugh. I knew that it was at the tip of my brain.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Uknowme wrote:Ugh. I knew that it was at the tip of my brain.
Careful, one of those will put down a rhinoceros at 30 paces... but not Frank the Tank! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 pm

I couldn't resist

jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jdbassman32 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 am

M Perry wrote:
Houndfish wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote: You might want to check on the rear grip length of that rod. The 1st gen was a little short for my liking for swimbaits. Not sure about the gen 2, as I haven't held that specific model.
The shorter grip is part of the appeal! Or at least it is for me.

Fishing small ponds/lakes from the bank and from my yak in general I can't stand long grips. The biggest baits I want to throw are the BBZ 50 Rat and a 68 Special. So nothing huge where I need 24" of leverage to make a good cast. What I think I want to throw them is a short SE Asian snakehead rod, but I have gone too weak/too short twice now so I want to get a more normal swimbait rod to try before I go even weirder.

From rear edge of reel seat to butt of rod is 15 1/2" on new Levante Leviathan
Mark, is this one shorter than the Double X? I picked up the Double X and that handle is a traditional swimbait only type rod in my opinion. I love my Gen 1 Double X Leviathan and want something similar in length to that handle.

Joshua van Wyk
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joshua van Wyk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 am

Just ordered the 7'0 Shakyhead model. Cant wait for it to get here!

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm

jdbassman32 wrote:
M Perry wrote:
Houndfish wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote: You might want to check on the rear grip length of that rod. The 1st gen was a little short for my liking for swimbaits. Not sure about the gen 2, as I haven't held that specific model.
The shorter grip is part of the appeal! Or at least it is for me.

Fishing small ponds/lakes from the bank and from my yak in general I can't stand long grips. The biggest baits I want to throw are the BBZ 50 Rat and a 68 Special. So nothing huge where I need 24" of leverage to make a good cast. What I think I want to throw them is a short SE Asian snakehead rod, but I have gone too weak/too short twice now so I want to get a more normal swimbait rod to try before I go even weirder.

From rear edge of reel seat to butt of rod is 15 1/2" on new Levante Leviathan
Mark, is this one shorter than the Double X? I picked up the Double X and that handle is a traditional swimbait only type rod in my opinion. I love my Gen 1 Double X Leviathan and want something similar in length to that handle.

The new XX and Levante Leviathan handles are pretty well the same length. Thanks

Elmnt80
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Elmnt80 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm interested in picking one of the new levante spinning rods up, but the one thing holding me back is not knowing what size guides it has. Does it have full sized guides, semi micro guides, etc?

Joshua van Wyk
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joshua van Wyk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:33 am

Elmnt80 wrote:I'm interested in picking one of the new levante spinning rods up, but the one thing holding me back is not knowing what size guides it has. Does it have full sized guides, semi micro guides, etc?
I have the Shakyhead model and it appears to be in between micro and normal sized guides. A well-tied Albright Special passes through effortlessly.

saySpiers
Angler
Angler

Post by saySpiers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 am

M Perry wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm
The new Levante models will mirror the new XX lineup in regards to individual models.
is the difference between the Orochi XX Diablo Spec R and Levante worth the 100$?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:06 pm

saySpiers wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 am
M Perry wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm
The new Levante models will mirror the new XX lineup in regards to individual models.
is the difference between the Orochi XX Diablo Spec R and Levante worth the 100$?
Well I'd wait until they make a new batch of levante rods if you go that route.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=82057