Megabass levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass levante

Post by M Perry » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am

reason162 wrote:
M Perry wrote:Of the 3 spinning models available maybe one will appeal to you as others find them versatile enough to use them for that.
Have you played around with the spinning rods? What kind of guides are on them?

Looking for a non-dropshot all arounder...1/8 - 1/4oz jighead + finesse swimbait and small jerkbaits to 3/8.

f3.5 Shakyhead?
That would be my choice for those presentations. The Levantes will have the Shakeyhead Special, Whipsnake and Enforcer in regards to spinning models.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:01 am

how does the perfect pitch compare to the steez xt 7'1 h as far as power?

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am

No stinger tips in the XX or the Levante? Too bad...

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 am

Tokugawa wrote:No stinger tips in the XX or the Levante? Too bad...
More than anything they focused on the more popular models when they decided which models to have.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 am

Jason Penn wrote:how does the perfect pitch compare to the steez xt 7'1 h as far as power?
Been quite a while since I've fished the Steez and will defer to others to provide the comparison. I know the Teez models I have fished have been exceptional rods. Great performance and build.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:19 am

i've tried to find a 7' mh for plastics with no luck, then thought maybe another 7'1 h, but it seems like now those are getting harder to find since they're apparently discontinued. now i'm thinking maybe go with the perfect pitch in this line for jigs, and just use the steez for plastics.

i am a huge fan of the daiwa reel seats. i've had the original steez 7' mh & 7'1 comp x, and while i always loved those rods, the xt seems to balance better than those rods did. i'm not sure if it's the difference in guides or what. maybe daiwa has something planned to replace the xt, but it seems like they're moving away from their seats to a more coventional fuji-style seat like the tat elites.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 am

Jason Penn wrote:i've tried to find a 7' mh for plastics with no luck, then thought maybe another 7'1 h, but it seems like now those are getting harder to find since they're apparently discontinued. now i'm thinking maybe go with the perfect pitch in this line for jigs, and just use the steez for plastics.

i am a huge fan of the daiwa reel seats. i've had the original steez 7' mh & 7'1 comp x, and while i always loved those rods, the xt seems to balance better than those rods did. i'm not sure if it's the difference in guides or what. maybe daiwa has something planned to replace the xt, but it seems like they're moving away from their seats to a more coventional fuji-style seat like the tat elites.
Did you try the FMJ? Or the Daemos?

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 am

M Perry wrote:
triple_illusion wrote:why can't any company put the hook hanger in the right place ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The next time my hand hits it while fishing will be the first time it has hit. Literally have had zero issues with its location.
Hook keepers are problematic little buggers. In between the grips, the bait is in the way when you go to use the rod...especially with treble hooked lures. Above the foregrip, weights and lures bang into the blank during transport potentially causing damage.

My customs have them above the foregrip, but I generally use snaps and pull the baits and or weights off.

MCROUT14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MCROUT14 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:41 am

Will the price be the same as the 2018 model?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am

MCROUT14 wrote:Will the price be the same as the 2018 model?

The pricing has remained pretty well the same. Plus there are some new models added that were also added to XX lineup.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

For those who are interested looks like they're up for pre-order at our favorite Triple-T

https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_p ... 05b0a5837d

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Do these have a butt cap on them?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Do these have a butt cap on them?
No. The grip is different than the previous generation as well. I will take a few pictures in a day or two when I am at my house.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Was planning on getting a perfect pitch, but since I already have one in xx leaning towards braillist. Think that one might be a good buddy for my FMJ, decisions suck.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Do these have a butt cap on them?