Megabass levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass levante

Post by M Perry » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:levante_leviathan.jpg

Goblin Green?
It's actually a type of color changing paint. Changes when sunlight etc hits it. Pretty nice aesthetics. Visually it gets your attention. The color changing feature runs up just under the first guide. Rest of blank has matte black, unfinished look. They also have added really nice hook keepers. I will post some up close pix of mine when I get time. Completely new rod from blank, components, looks etc as compared to the g1s.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Very nice!!

Any word on blank composition?

I know the similar cosmetics to the XXX sticks in some craws, but the new XX rods feel really nice, have better components and better blank design. Very nice update when performance is considered.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Here is a picture of the new Levante. I will post up some more close ups of mine as soon as my hosting service lets me upload them.

As stated its a totally new blank which will be revealed very shortly. Not trying to withhold that info for any reason other than the official press release has not been completed as of today. There will be additional technical info coming shortly that will identify and describe the blank composition/performance upgrades more in depth and the reason why they were designed as such. So no worries there. It features the same MB reel seat that the XX and US Destroyers have. It has the gunsmoke finish Fuji Alconite/SS guides.
As you can tell by the pictures they look totally different than G1 models in all phases. They visually grab your attention in person. I wish I could get the paint finish to show up mpre in the pictures but they are VERY sharp. They also have a great hook keeper which many asked for. Pricing has stayed the same as previous models. The new Levante models will mimic the XX models in models. Note the same models that went away with the XX revamp are no longer in the new Levante lineup either.
As far as performance I have been using them since late spring/early summer and have been impressed. From the first cast it seemed to me that they were more responsive than previous models. I literally have not put down my Perfect Pitch model. Much like the XX version this is such a versatile model. It excels at so much. I tend to use it quite a bit for Tecas rig soft plastics and jigs under 1/2oz as well as all of my hollow body frog work. Loads up well, very strong backbone and balances well with the Daiwa Tatula SVs. Unlike many split grips I do not feel as if these are tip heavy as other split grips I have fished. Just a joy to fish with. I have stressed them and then some to see what they are capable of and so far not one single issue.

I know this is just a thumbnail description so please bear with me as I wait to get the OK to reveal more. You can expect the rods at dealers the end of February. You can preorder now at Megabass dealers. The initial shipment is large enough that all initial orders should be filled without issue from initial run.

Thanks and Happy New Year. Thank you all for the interest in Megabass. It is much appreciated.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Take this the right way...

I hate you.

:evil22: :evil22: :evil22:

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Take this the right way...

I hate you.

:evil22: :evil22: :evil22:

:lol:

In all seriousness these rods look and fish like more expensive models. The locking nut is AWESOME looking. Nothing about these rods I dislike other than the Spinnerbait Special went away.... :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:20 pm

Cool. They sort of looks like green Hyugas. If they are anything like the Hyugas in weight and balance then they will be a hit.

lds922
Angler
Angler

Post by lds922 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:33 pm

M Perry wrote: In all seriousness these rods look and fish like more expensive models. The locking nut is AWESOME looking. Nothing about these rods I dislike other than the Spinnerbait Special went away.... :lol:
Was the Spinnerbait Special unpopular, sales-wise? I guess it had to be or they wouldn't have killed it. It's one of my favorite in the XX lineup :(

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:16 pm

lds922 wrote:
M Perry wrote: In all seriousness these rods look and fish like more expensive models. The locking nut is AWESOME looking. Nothing about these rods I dislike other than the Spinnerbait Special went away.... :lol:
Was the Spinnerbait Special unpopular, sales-wise? I guess it had to be or they wouldn't have killed it. It's one of my favorite in the XX lineup :(
It was one of my favorites as well.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:17 pm

LowRange wrote:Cool. They sort of looks like green Hyugas. If they are anything like the Hyugas in weight and balance then they will be a hit.

These are not as green looking in person as its color changing effect.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 am

M Perry wrote: Loads up well, very strong backbone and balances well with the Daiwa Tatula SVs.

Just so happens I have an 8.1:1 Tatula that needs a rod to go on. Guess I'm probably sold on a Perfect Pitch

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 am

Will there be a 110 jerkbait stick?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:53 am

LowRange wrote:Will there be a 110 jerkbait stick?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 am

M Perry wrote:
Yes. There is a Jerkbait Special

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 am

.double post-my apologies.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:17 pm

M Perry wrote:
M Perry wrote:
Yes. There is a Jerkbait Special
Sold! It will have a short enough handle right? Is it the shortest rod picture in the above pic?