G. Loomis GLX Spinning Rod 7'5" Med Hvy 893S Reviews

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
nolegsinmiami
Angler
Angler

G. Loomis GLX Spinning Rod 7'5" Med Hvy 893S Reviews

Post by nolegsinmiami » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 am

Has anyone had any experience with the G. Loomis GLX 7'5" Med Hvy 893S JWR Spinning Rod?

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler

Re: G. Loomis GLX Spinning Rod 7'5" Med Hvy 893S Reviews

Post by rollyourboat » Sat May 16, 2020 8:53 am

Bump

thatvoodoothatyoudo
Angler
Angler

Re: G. Loomis GLX Spinning Rod 7'5" Med Hvy 893S Reviews

Post by thatvoodoothatyoudo » Wed May 20, 2020 5:04 am

I just used it yesterday to bank fish my pond with Trig worm and 1/4 oz. weight , just to “refamiliarize” myself with it for this season.
I bought it to use for 1/4 oz- 1/2oz jigs 4-5” paddle tails for fan casting & vertical jigging for big walleyes , in Lac Seul Ontario ( I catch many over 25” with a few 30-31” every year with big pike and occasional musky thrown in).
It’s a powerful, sensitive rod , Xfast rod that allows long casts and its length assists in long hook sets ( with braid/ FC leader).
I use it for bottom contact sensitivity, with the power to set the barb through the bone in the roof of the mouth if necessary.
Due to its length, it’s a little tip heavy which I use a balancer to offset as I fan cast and use a tip up retrieve.
Great rod for my uses , and a spinning alternative ( windy) to what would normally be baitcasting realm