Need help Daiwa Tatula all around rod (Medium)

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Need help Daiwa Tatula all around rod (Medium)

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:52 pm

I have 2 of daiwa 6'10 MHF rod as my all around rod for everything like Jig, Senko, chatterbait, toowater for weight 3/8oz and up. I also just broke my other Daiwa 6'10 MXF rod with Megatop which I hope this to be my all around for 3/8oz and lower like Fluke, weightless worm, light Texas rig and jerkbait. I sent the rod in for warranty but afraid to get the same rod. What should I get (if Daiwa would let me pick)? Is Regular taper be good for these applications? Medium or Medium light?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Need help Daiwa Tatula all around rod (Medium)

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Do you use braid? If so, the regular taper won't be so regular. The lack of stretch in the braid will give you better hooksets with jigs and such.

I take it the rod broke was the Tatula with the "megatop"? Could always get another MH unless it won't handle the weights you are using. I had a 610 Tatula MH and it was a pretty versatile rod.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:50 pm

Yup the one that broke was Megatop one, from hookset with Yamamoto D-Shad on the drop. I don't think I need anymore MH got 2 of 6'10 and and 1 of 7'1 XF all Daiwa Tatula. I'm thinking about 7' MRB and line would be #6 - #10 Hybrid line.
I'll use the his rod for mostly Fluke, Senko and weightless thick worm or 1/8 shaky head.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 am

For those applications, I would go with the ML rather than the medium. I have both the medium and ML and prefer the ML for anything under 3/8.