Has anyone used this Legend before?...

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Has anyone used this Legend before?...

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:That rod would be excellent for your intended purposes. St. Croix underrates their rods, so that will be a strong medium-power rod. I would say the Tatula LT 2500 would be an excellent partner to it. If you need more line capacity, go with the 3000 size.
Hi Hoohoorjoo,

Thanks so much on info about LT 2500 and I decided to go for Exist 2500XH and it was a very small cute spinning reel.

i was trying to upload more pictures but it failed....anyway the whole spinning reel is just 177.7 grams :) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
x3.jpg
x3.jpg (258.52 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
once again, Thank you so much.

WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Has anyone used this Legend before?...

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 am

wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:I'm bothered by the fact that my +7' ML dropshot rod will be hard to replace. It is an Abu Villain 2.0, great feel, pretty sensitive, but non quality guides (still great so far though), good Fuji reel seat. If the guides go, I will try another brand. Probably have a time finding something to match its action. I like the St. Croix rods, but my price range ($200), the Avid X has micro guides which wouldn't work well with leader knots I assume.

Either way it will be an interesting search one day when my dropshot rod dies and gets buried in the backyard w/ other deceased tackle and pets.
Now you make me wanting +7'ML rod ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ...

Thanks for info.

WW
The TFO I have is nice. 6'9" I think, ML with a deep flex, but still pretty true fast action. Works great for open hook dropshot, spybaits, little jerkbaits, etc. Really nice rod. If I could do it again, they make a 7'3"ML also, used to make a 6'3"Light that would have been a great semi-BFS rod. It isn't the most expensive rod, there are plenty better out there, but with the SV105 it has been a great combo, normally run it with 7-8lb Sunline FC Sniper, but have considered 10-15lb Sufix 832...

The buried in the backyard was a joke. I also say that at work (healthcare, nursing) when a beloved Sharpie marker finally dies. That is always a sad day...