Conquest 842S or Megabass Addermine

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Conquest 842S or Megabass Addermine

Post by jdbassman32 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Looking for thoughts on the better choice for drop shot, tubes and ned rigs?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Conquest 842S or Megabass Addermine

Post by Cristo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:43 pm

I don't do beaters to the eggs. Someone will surely steer you in the right direction though :big grin:

One thing I will say is you can't go wrong with MB. I tried to jump ship as recently as this week but couldn't do it. Dipped into a well I didn't think I would with the 17' Destroyer series and picked up a Daemos and a FMJ. Tried the NRX once again and thought for sure I would pull the trigger this time.....nope! Tried a Conquest staff too and thought for sure but still nope [-( I didn't even give the Daiwa AGS specimens a reel mount try :roll: Held and mounted an IS reel on all subjects(minus the Steez AGS) and found myself sticking again to what feels right 8-) I can honestly say Loomis/Shimano Conquest is a bunch of smoke IMHO. I will get flamed but doesn't float my boat in anyway shape or form even with all the PR mumbo jumbo and prehype. I thought for sure they would have easily had me with that offering :-k I haven't fished them so take that with a grain of whatever but they can kick rocks with that thing :roll: I dont even one to try one even after feeling them up, thought for sure I would have to have one :lol: I just cant bring myself to break up with MB. .....even when hot a** rods(like a chick :lol: ) coming around letting me touch all the goodies inviting me to play but still turn my nose to them. I really wanted to break up too :lol:

Sorry for the hijack but had to state my case 8-)

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Before I forget thanks to Carmen and Ben at TheHookUp here in my homeland. They were very gracious with my constant back and forth and having a chuckle at my "Affluent problems" :laugh1:

Generally Gary and Triple T handle my business but shipping logistics were not agreeable for me and UPS this time around. They tried to stick me with a crazy oversize charges which never was a detail before in my extensive experience with them :-k

Okay my bust folks lets get this cat into a rod!!

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 pm

the 842s is a sick rod, the 902s is spectacular!

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:30 am

I like Megabass products, but the Conquest is in a different league. It is a lot more money, but I love mine. You can pick up a used on this (or another) forum.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:03 am

Comquest
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:17 am

I have not had the pleasure of handling a Conquest but my Addermine is quite the rod. Comparing my NRX 902s their comparably close in terms of sensitivity both rods with same diameter and brand braid. I have a friend who purchased a Conquest 902s to compare to his NRX 902s ended up selling the Conquest as his mentioned it wasn't as sensitive as the NRX counterpart. I'm hearing other model Conquest are lacking as well. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with the Addermine.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Phippy wrote:I have not had the pleasure of handling a Conquest but my Addermine is quite the rod. Comparing my NRX 902s their comparably close in terms of sensitivity both rods with same diameter and brand braid. I have a friend who purchased a Conquest 902s to compare to his NRX 902s ended up selling the Conquest as his mentioned it wasn't as sensitive as the NRX counterpart. I'm hearing other model Conquest are lacking as well. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with the Addermine.
i have over a dozen nrx and 8 conquests and i disagree with this comment. conquest are just as sensitive with better components and more power. just wished we had more actions...

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 pm

I have a Addermine for drop shot and it works amazing, I also have a NRX 852 and prefer the addermine for drop shot, but I like the 852C best for tubes.

I also have the Orochi XX whipsnake that I use for Ned rigs.

At the end of the day I would probably take the Addermine....

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:10 am

My vote is for the addermine as it will do any finesse technique really well. In my experience it is a very sensitive rod that is close to the NRX IMO. What sets it apart is the handle ergonomics - while ever so slightly less sensitive than the NRX, the ergonomics make the rod far more enjoyable to fish to the point where i much prefer it.

If price is of any concern, the addermine is significantly less $$$ than the conquest. $650 for the conquest is insane.

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:19 am

I'm with jpmoney. My NRX 852s (not a Conquest as youre asking about) was nowhere near as balanced or comfortable as my Addremine. If the Addermine is less senstitive... well I don't know if I can tell. The Megabass also casts better though a range of lure weight and the action IMHO is spot on.

I'd say go with the Addermine.

jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jdbassman32 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:00 am

The Addermine arrives yesterday. Very light and crisp rod from what I can see thus far. Looking to add one more spinning rod might just get another Addermine due to being able to use it foramy applications.

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Cristo wrote: I can honestly say Loomis/Shimano Conquest is a bunch of smoke IMHO. I will get flamed but doesn't float my boat in anyway shape or form even with all the PR mumbo jumbo and prehype. I thought for sure they would have easily had me with that offering :-k I haven't fished them so take that with a grain of whatever but they can kick rocks with that thing
havent fished them and giving a review? ah, Cristo, thought more of ye.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 pm

okay :-k . certainly hate to break your delicate bubble. My bust not to think of my fans :lol:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Bigfruits :big grin: