Blew up my Aaron Martin Orochi Fliipping Stick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Basswhippa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Blew up my Aaron Martin Orochi Fliipping Stick

Post by Basswhippa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:22 am

I purchased a 7’9” Orochi on clearance at a great local tackle store in May. I had just begun heavily using it. I absolutely love the action. It is perfect for Guntersville jig grass fishing. I set the hook on a 3 pounder and it shattered into 3 pieces. I’ve never done that in almost 50 years of fishing. It was light and sensitive I know they have a great warranty. Question. Do you think they have any of the old Aaron Martin flipping sticks put back at Megabass? I have read they have replaced it with a heavier and more moderate action and I am worried I won’t like it as well.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Blew up my Aaron Martin Orochi Fliipping Stick

Post by M Perry » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm

There are zero XX Flipping Specials left in the system. They will warranty your current rod but you will have to choose a new model. There are some Flipping Specials in the Levante lineup though.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Same exact thing happened to mine sunday on a fish maybe pushing 4lbs. Like you i just started using it heavy and loved it. Mine busted 5 eyes form the tip on the hookset

Basswhippa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Basswhippa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks Mark. I would be willing to pay for an upgrade for a similar action, if they allow that, but doubt I could move backwards in rod grade. I have never had such a sensitive rod. Bronzeback, Mine broke almost simultaneously between the tip and first guide and between guide 5 and 6. So close to where yours did. Very clean breaks. I had caught between 10 and 15 bass. My son thought it snapped up top first and then the are between guide 5 and 6 was immediately overwhelmed, but we don’t know for sure. Perfect action for popping heavy jigs in the grass. Just worried about replacing the action.

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:17 pm

that sucks for sure but when you fish high quality products it’s not if but when it does break . Hopefully you get it replaced with what you need

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:03 am

Has anyone broke a gen 1 xx bought at the closeout price and delt with the warranty? And know what they replace it with?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 am

bronzebacks wrote:Has anyone broke a gen 1 xx bought at the closeout price and delt with the warranty? And know what they replace it with?

If you bought from an USA MB dealer they will swap you out with g2 series. They handle stepping up to next higher series on a case by case basis.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:59 am

Basswhippa wrote:Thanks Mark. I would be willing to pay for an upgrade for a similar action, if they allow that, but doubt I could move backwards in rod grade. I have never had such a sensitive rod. Bronzeback, Mine broke almost simultaneously between the tip and first guide and between guide 5 and 6. So close to where yours did. Very clean breaks. I had caught between 10 and 15 bass. My son thought it snapped up top first and then the are between guide 5 and 6 was immediately overwhelmed, but we don’t know for sure. Perfect action for popping heavy jigs in the grass. Just worried about replacing the action.
Use the rod warranty form on www.megabassusa.com and they will get you taken care of quickly.