Edge Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Edge Rods

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:43 pm

They are a small company that have mega sale to stimulate business and maybe need to get cash for whatever reason. The wait times are long but, worth it. Quality products and some sick deals. 65 percent off!!!. For me, it's worth the wait.

They also plan to expand as well. They have 1 customer service rep for Edge Rods and North Fork Composites. She is very nice and working as hard as she can to get to the hundreds of inquiries she gets a day.

Hopefully they get it together because I feel bad blaming their customer service person. She can only work with what she got.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Winstondry wrote:Hey there ‘Nut,

Which model were you looking to get from them? I had a similar experience last October with an online order, many many calls and emails exchanged before I finally received the rod sometime mid January. I’ve since acquired a number of Black Widows, perhaps I have one you’re looking for.

821 Either BW or FS
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:They are a small company that have mega sale to stimulate business and maybe need to get cash for whatever reason. The wait times are long but, worth it. Quality products and some sick deals. 65 percent off!!!. For me, it's worth the wait.

They also plan to expand as well. They have 1 customer service rep for Edge Rods and North Fork Composites. She is very nice and working as hard as she can to get to the hundreds of inquiries she gets a day.

Hopefully they get it together because I feel bad blaming their customer service person. She can only work with what she got.
At the time i ordered the rod their site said 3-5 weeks. I started calling at 5 weeks-first call "its 1-2 weeks out" second call- "it was never put on the production order call back next week" third call "will talk with production and call you back. Never heard from them again.
Messaged them on facebook "your rod will ship this week" 2 weeks later nothing. Cancelled the order yesterday and heard back right away that refund will be done.
I run my own business also and do what i say- Anything less is not acceptable.

My name is Jon Bonynge and i approve of this gripe!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:09 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:
Winstondry wrote:Hey there ‘Nut,

Which model were you looking to get from them? I had a similar experience last October with an online order, many many calls and emails exchanged before I finally received the rod sometime mid January. I’ve since acquired a number of Black Widows, perhaps I have one you’re looking for.

821 Either BW or FS
Not familiar with that model, hence I don’t have it.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Just found it. I only have bass rods.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Winstondry wrote:Just found it. I only have bass rods.
Thanks for lookng! HSR821- Salmon/steel head rod.
Whats a bass? :D