St Croix Legend Glass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 am

Revofisher wrote:the 7'2 medium is a fun rod to fish i used it a lot this winter and early spring throwing flat sided balsa baits and little john medium divers which i handles very well. its a great small to medium crankbait rod. if you are going to do any spinnerbaits or chatterbaits i would go to the med hvy - hvy. I recently added the 7'2 hvy to the line up and love it for chatterbaits its a very strong rod when setting the hook that model was made for chatterbaits.
Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for...baits up to 1/2oz or so. Thanks.

Though it's rated up to 3/4oz (where I'd be reaching for a different rod), does it feel OK with something around the 5/8oz range?

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:14 am

honestly ive not thrown larger cranks on it due to having a few of the 7'4 med hvy models but im sure it would handle it fine. it has the backbone just a lively tip which i like a lot. lets you really bomb some cranks they cast great on that 7'2 model.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 am

Revofisher wrote:honestly ive not thrown larger cranks on it due to having a few of the 7'4 med hvy models but im sure it would handle it fine. it has the backbone just a lively tip which i like a lot. lets you really bomb some cranks they cast great on that 7'2 model.
Outstanding, thank you. I'm pretty geeked. \:D/