St Croix Legend Glass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
User avatar
SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: South LA

St Croix Legend Glass

Postby SpecksReds » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

I’m a Gloomis guy and I fish crankbaits with a E6x cbr. I am very intrigued by the Legend S glass rod for Squarebilling. Anybody fishing with is line of rods?

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 am

I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10768
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 am

Gone Phishin wrote:I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.


So many rods, so little time :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.


So many rods, so little time :lol:


You know you wanna saddle a Conquest on one of these beauties. Lol.

The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10768
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am

Gone Phishin wrote:The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.


Most of today's glass rods are really quite respectable in terms of weight which makes them so much more fishable compared to the old tech glass rods. And there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.


Most of today's glass rods are really quite respectable in terms of weight which makes them so much more fishable compared to the old tech glass rods. And there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.


Dangit Cal...you may have just cost me some money. :lol:

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10768
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:Dangit Cal...you may have just cost me some money. :lol:


if you hadn't noticed.. it's kind of what I do ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.


In a fisherman's world, words like this is considered foreplay

User avatar
ccass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby ccass » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:59 pm

I made a custom from the 711 H blank. Surprisingly light and like Cal said, buttery smooth. The tip is lighter than I'd like but, it's ok
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.


So many rods, so little time :lol:


You know you wanna saddle a Conquest on one of these beauties. Lol.

The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.


I been eyeing the MH

User avatar
SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: South LA

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Postby SpecksReds » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 am

I bought the 6’10” MH and like it so far. I’ve only caught a couple of fish on it. I have a Revo Winch on it but have gotten spoiled to the ALX sized reel for fishing moving style baits. I’m going to order a Lews MB in 5:6.1 and try it out. I’ll change out the handle and the knobs. I’ll also give it a tune up polishing and spool bearing for sure.


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests