St Croix Legend Glass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

St Croix Legend Glass

Post by SpecksReds » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

I’m a Gloomis guy and I fish crankbaits with a E6x cbr. I am very intrigued by the Legend S glass rod for Squarebilling. Anybody fishing with is line of rods?

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: St Croix Legend Glass

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 am

I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 am

Gone Phishin wrote:I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.
So many rods, so little time :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:I'm not a glass guy, but I really hope TT does a review on one of these sticks.
You know you wanna saddle a Conquest on one of these beauties. Lol.

The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am

Gone Phishin wrote:The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.
Most of today's glass rods are really quite respectable in terms of weight which makes them so much more fishable compared to the old tech glass rods. And there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.
Cal, Managing Editor

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.
Most of today's glass rods are really quite respectable in terms of weight which makes them so much more fishable compared to the old tech glass rods. And there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.
Dangit Cal...you may have just cost me some money. :lol:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:Dangit Cal...you may have just cost me some money. :lol:
if you hadn't noticed.. it's kind of what I do ;)
Cal, Managing Editor

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Cal wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:there's nothing like that buttery smooth power curve of glass when you have a nice fish at the end of the line trying to throw your treble hook bait.
In a fisherman's world, words like this is considered foreplay

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:59 pm

I made a custom from the 711 H blank. Surprisingly light and like Cal said, buttery smooth. The tip is lighter than I'd like but, it's ok
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Cal wrote:
You know you wanna saddle a Conquest on one of these beauties. Lol.

The weight really intrigues me...the LGC74MHM weighs in at 5.5oz.
I been eyeing the MH

SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SpecksReds » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 am

I bought the 6’10” MH and like it so far. I’ve only caught a couple of fish on it. I have a Revo Winch on it but have gotten spoiled to the ALX sized reel for fishing moving style baits. I’m going to order a Lews MB in 5:6.1 and try it out. I’ll change out the handle and the knobs. I’ll also give it a tune up polishing and spool bearing for sure.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

SpecksReds wrote:I bought the 6’10” MH and like it so far. I’ve only caught a couple of fish on it. I have a Revo Winch on it but have gotten spoiled to the ALX sized reel for fishing moving style baits. I’m going to order a Lews MB in 5:6.1 and try it out. I’ll change out the handle and the knobs. I’ll also give it a tune up polishing and spool bearing for sure.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm thinking about picking up the 6'10 mh for spinnerbaits & squarebills. 1/2 oz baits work pretty well with this rod? Also how does the rod balance with an ALX on it? That's what I'll be using.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Jason Penn wrote:
SpecksReds wrote:I bought the 6’10” MH and like it so far. I’ve only caught a couple of fish on it. I have a Revo Winch on it but have gotten spoiled to the ALX sized reel for fishing moving style baits. I’m going to order a Lews MB in 5:6.1 and try it out. I’ll change out the handle and the knobs. I’ll also give it a tune up polishing and spool bearing for sure.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm thinking about picking up the 6'10 mh for spinnerbaits & squarebills. 1/2 oz baits work pretty well with this rod? Also how does the rod balance with an ALX on it? That's what I'll be using.
I have the 7'2" MH and love it, it would be perfect for the baits you are mentioning and I bet the 6'10" would be about the
same...

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:13 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Jason Penn wrote:
I have the 7'2" MH and love it, it would be perfect for the baits you are mentioning and I bet the 6'10" would be about the
same...
Welp, I broke down and purchased the 72M from The Tackle Trap tonight. Our bass season doesn't open for another month, but I couldn't wait anymore. 8-)

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 am

the 7'2 medium is a fun rod to fish i used it a lot this winter and early spring throwing flat sided balsa baits and little john medium divers which i handles very well. its a great small to medium crankbait rod. if you are going to do any spinnerbaits or chatterbaits i would go to the med hvy - hvy. I recently added the 7'2 hvy to the line up and love it for chatterbaits its a very strong rod when setting the hook that model was made for chatterbaits.