BFSish GLoomis rod???

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BFSish GLoomis rod???

Post by TahoeDust » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm

I know there are a lot of good options from other manufactures. I am a GLoomis fan. Their NRX/GLX rods have made me happy and they have always taken good care of me, so that is what I am looking to buy. I have a Conquest BFS reel coming in, and am looking for a Loomis rod to pair it with. I'll be using it for Ned rigs, 1/4oz and less traps, small jigs, and other lights stuff. It will be my one real light non-spinning setup.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BFSish GLoomis rod???

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Consider the Conquest MBR842C for your Conquest BFS... I just got one and have yet to fish it, but that tip is really light.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TahoeDust » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Cal wrote:Consider the Conquest MBR842C for your Conquest BFS... I just got one and have yet to fish it, but that tip is really light.
Please let me know how you like it. That was my initial thought...or maybe a 782c.

Unimog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Unimog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 am

I’ve got a couple of the 842c and love them. I fish every finesse technique on these or an 852 nrx and don’t think you’d be disappointed in either. The 842 is a bit softer than the nrx. I also believe the handle on the conquest is about an inch longer than the nrx.