Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
rollaboat
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

Postby rollaboat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm looking for a all around multi purpose casting rod but just want to know generally how do they compare in weight, balance, and sensitivity considering they are $40-$60 apart and expride used to be priced higher. Thanks in advance!

timinmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

Postby timinmo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 am

I am unable to offer you much help as I have never fished an Orochi, but I do have two Exprides that I am very happy with. If the Orochi is better I would love to hear it from someone who has fished both. One of my Exprides is the original model the other is the newer model.

bronzebacks
Angler
Angler

Postby bronzebacks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 am

I haven't used the new generation in either but i have a 7'2" mh expride gen1 and a orochi xx Diablo special type r gen 1. I like both a lot but the megabass dsr has become my favorite rod. I like the expride for moving baits like spinnerbaits bigger squarebills chatters but the rod has a slower action. The megabass has far superior build quality and is more crisp and perfect do it all rod for me. It can do all the expride can do but it shines for me for finesse jigs tx rigs etc. But i have no clue about either new gens

SSS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby SSS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 am

I've only tested gen 1 expride and orochi xxx. Much preferred the xxx. The way the blank flexes on a cast, sensitivity and cosmetics are better.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby reason162 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:42 am

The gen 2 exprides are much crispier than the gen 1s.

Revofisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Revofisher » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:34 am

i have quite a few of both sets of rods all my exprides are gen 2 so i cant speak for the older ones. The exprides are very crisp and have a true fast action. I have the 7'2" med hvy fast action, 7 med spinning , and 2 7"2" med hvy glass rods. I really like all these rods the build is good on all the rods i have, and the sensitivity is pretty good for what you pay. The exprides are really strong as well when fighting a fish. You really cant go wrong with the new expride especially for the price of a demo from tackle trap. The megabass orochi xx also has a great build quality as well as being pretty sensitive and well balanced. if you are a full cork guy the megabass will win you over. Where the megabass really shines would be the unique tapers they offer in the different rods making them a tad more fun to fish for me at least sensitivity would go slightly to the megabass in my hands also.

really cant go wrong with either though both are very good rod choices.

Return to “Rods”