Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jvanda1
Angler
Angler

Re: Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

Post by jvanda1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 pm

bwjay wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:22 am
jvanda1 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:50 am
bwjay wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:34 am
jvanda1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm
If anyone can compare the 6’6 expride to the 6’5 orochi xxx JDM for jerkbaits I’d love to hear your opinion!

Thx
I can't compare them, but I did get the 6'6MF Expride from TW last summer and found that the action was a little slower than I wanted. It seemed more like ModFast to me, bending deeper into the blank than other rods I have that say Fast action. Looking back, it probably would have still been a good all-rounder and I should have kept it. I have some Fast Helium3s that seem just a little too soft for jerkbaits... I feel like I can't get a good snap to the tip. The 6'6MF Expride seemed similar, but I never fished it so I don't really know.

Hope this helps!
What are you using for jerkbaits now?
Your saying you had the expride but never used it?

Thanks!
I don't yet have any rods that have a crisper tip for jerkbaits. I was limited to the bank last year and rarely used them in favor of more weedless baits since we get crazy mats here in MN. I sent the rod back to TW since it was slower than what I was looking for. I asked them if I could still return it after fishing it (to see if it'll do what I want) and they said they can't guarantee they'll accept the return, so I just sent it back. Again, I may have been wrong about it being too slow for what I wanted, so I can't quite say if it's "too slow" for jerkbaits.
Gotch. Yea It’s really hard to find a good jerkbait rod under 6’8. Something about the loading is underpower imo

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Expride A vs Orochi XX (2018)

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:48 pm

It's more expensive and longer than you're looking for, but a lot of people like the 6'11 One Ten Special MB Destroyer for a jerkbait rod with a faster tip.

I have a Dobyns 704CB (bit slower - rarely if ever lose fish) but been using my 6'11 M+ poison adrena for jerkbaits lately. It's got a tad too much backbone for smaller trebles, the 6'11 M they are planning to release this spring should be the perfect jerkbait rod.