Conquest 905 vs nrx 895

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Conquest 905 vs nrx 895

Post by Rfdong » Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Comparing action has anyone owned both? Specs are listed funny on Loomis website (10-15lb test and 3/8 -1 1/4 oz rated) vs tackle warehouse and tackle trap both have it listed : Line Rating: 15-25 Lure Rating: 3/4 - 3 oz. Power: Ex-Heavy Action: Fast. So trying to figure out where it lies as compared to the 895 NRX which I own in terms of backbone , tip etc. similar rods? Hearing the conquest (in general) is better from balance standpoint. Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Conquest 905 vs nrx 895

Post by bronzefly » Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm

They are very different rods. The NRX 895 is a great blank overall, but incredibly tip heavy and uncomfortable to fish in general. It's my least favorite NRX rod overall due to the extreme tip heaviness. I've counterbalanced it and while I don't like doing that, it helps the rod tremendously.

The Conquest 905 is a noticeably heavier powered, much more versatile rod, and is better balanced albeit somewhat tip heavy itself. I've thrown everything from a 10XD to an umbrella rig, then a big football jig, pitched a big jig and plastic, then tossed some 2 oz class swim baits. It's light, sensitive, powerful, and versatile, not to mention incredibly tough from my time with it. The Conquest 905 can do everything the NRX 895 can do and then some. It's a really nice and versatile bigger bait, heavier powered rod. I'm a fan of the Conquest rods in general.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap