WTB a rod, Something Different

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

WTB a rod, Something Different

Post by goldrod » Tue May 29, 2018 11:52 pm

I have a faust , a gambler and an NRX 894 , super destroyer,

So I have been looking around. I saw an Megabass A M flipping stick ( from the review the sensitivy isn't that good), The FMJ, Abu Fantasista rod ( I read the review and I am glad TT.com folks are looking out of the box a bit more), the tatula Ish AGS (I'm really liking the Brent Ehler rod once i got its niche) and lastly the the 2018 orochi xx line up Perfect Pitch rod. Or just find another super Rekkai rod which I already have. Anyways I am just looking around and all things considered especially warranty, Im not sure what i want other than a rod that I can use for jigs and t-rigs/ c-rigs

Im really only looking at 7'1" to 7'3" max rods but i will entertain 1" extra
What's your suggestion?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: WTB a rod, Something Different

Post by goldrod » Wed May 30, 2018 8:02 am

I REALLY LIKE THE LAST ROD.
Meets my financial cap, but that’s one beautiful stick.
Have you ever used one? I never heard of it before today.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed May 30, 2018 8:08 am

I haven't used any of those but like them all. Been wanting that Bush Hunter for a long time(though I think the name has a lot to do with it :lol: )
That heartland is absolutely stunning. It's a limited edition Rod & Reel Magazine 20th anniversary collaboration model. Here's some more pics of it:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3069494725

edit: here's the official page for it. View in google chrome for full translation- http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html

Bonus point- it looks to be a 1 piece rod \:D/

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 am

For something less exotic(expensive) from Daiwa, but ranked higher than tatula elite/ zillion, check out the jdm black label rods- there's some models that are drool worthy. Really wish these were available in America.

(Also view in google chrome).
http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item3/r ... index.html

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm

I like the Black Label, but if you go Daiwa - Get SVF :big grin:

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 am

What about a kistler h3? Seems to get a lot of praise for lightness and sensitivity. Great price if its as good as i read. I got one on the way this week i bought into the hype.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:34 pm

My next rod will be the 7H Heracles LTS. My search for the perfect Texas rig rod is getting out of hand.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

bronzebacks wrote:What about a kistler h3? Seems to get a lot of praise for lightness and sensitivity. Great price if its as good as i read. I got one on the way this week i bought into the hype.
I received a H3 7’1” medium heavy
The H3-7’1” is my third stick in the H3 lineup
I have a couple others and they are the best rods for the money
but I can honestly say that the 7’1” medhvy it is one heck of a rod and accurate as heck.