Megabass F8-79XX Flipping

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass F8-79XX Flipping

Post by goldrod » Mon May 28, 2018 6:31 am

How do you like it?
I have a LTD without a home and this rod with a steez LTD 1010 spool and 40lb braid.

The rod I want is a just out of reach and the other rod is Kistler H3 7'1" med hvy rod..
last count i dont need another rod but i have a spare reel... ;)
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass F8-79XX Flipping

Post by bronzebacks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:52 am

I got one over the winter on a recommendation from a friend. He has a couple and loves them so i decided to try it. First impression was it was a little stouter than i like but after fishing it im really digging it. I've been using it for 10" power worms and am very impressed with the sensitivity. I've also thrown mag drafts hudd 68s and glides like the 168 s waver. I haven't used it for jigs and flipping plastics much yet wich is what i intended to use it for. Only downside i came across is it was a little tip heavy with a curado k but i added a little weight to the but with a chair foot cap and washers and i would recommend it especially for the 200$ i gave for it.

toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass F8-79XX Flipping

Post by toporanger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 am

I have had mine for a few seasons. I believe it is the same rod as the perfect pitch just longer.

I use mine for punching jigs and for larger pike lures in the 1-2 oz size. I also use it for a frog rod depending whas in the boat etc. I have mine rigged up with a z2020 with 50lb braid and really enjoy, but probably reach for my perfect pitch more often than not.