Compile-X baitcaster

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Compile-X baitcaster

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:48 pm

should I take a chance and use my Compile-X rod to frog fish?

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Compile-X baitcaster

Post by PaBass75 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 pm

I've used mine for that a couple times.. It's got a lifetime warranty so why not. Wasn't a very good frog rod tho, tip is a little too stuff for my taste.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu May 31, 2018 6:23 pm

jwfflipper14 wrote:should I take a chance and use my Compile-X rod to frog fish?

Jeff
Are you talking about the 71H? If so, give it a shot because it's not the greatest bottom contact rod at it's price point. I've been fishing the new AGS Steez rods lately and as much as I like the look of the Compile-X, the AGS rods have performed much better for me. I was never impressed with the sensitivity of them when compared to the competition from other brands, but the AGS rods have started to make me reconsider some of the upper end Daiwa rods.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu May 31, 2018 7:12 pm

bronzefly wrote:Are you talking about the 71H? If so, give it a shot because it's not the greatest bottom contact rod at it's price point. I've been fishing the new AGS Steez rods lately and as much as I like the look of the Compile-X, the AGS rods have performed much better for me. I was never impressed with the sensitivity of them when compared to the competition from other brands, but the AGS rods have started to make me reconsider some of the upper end Daiwa rods.
Save for the flipping stick, the Compile X rods are over-hyped.

Anything with the AGS guides on them however, are money. Those carbon fiber framed guides make a huge difference in sensitivity. The Tatula AGS sticks are sweet.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:04 am

I will try it for frog but I bought it to mainly pitch with, hopefully I won't be too disappointed with it. might try it for c-rigging also.

Thanks guys

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:25 am

bronzefly wrote:
jwfflipper14 wrote:should I take a chance and use my Compile-X rod to frog fish?

Jeff
Are you talking about the 71H? If so, give it a shot because it's not the greatest bottom contact rod at it's price point. I've been fishing the new AGS Steez rods lately and as much as I like the look of the Compile-X, the AGS rods have performed much better for me. I was never impressed with the sensitivity of them when compared to the competition from other brands, but the AGS rods have started to make me reconsider some of the upper end Daiwa rods.

I agree on the Compile-X.... Mind me asking how old the 71H model is that you have.
I have noticed that all the Steez Compile-X (japan build) have different look and 3DX logo'd blank.

One would think that as long as this line has been around that if you bought a new one today it would be the same as one you would have bought 10+ years ago.
I think they are a different build from what they were when they first hit our shores many years ago.

If Tackle Trap should ever get their hands on the Steez Strike Force-7-2MH/H ; I would be very interested if the price was right.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 am

Steez strike force is an awesome rod for texas rig, bottom contact. My only problem is that foregrip locking nut needs to be clamped down really tightly on steez reels.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:11 am

4g63power wrote:Steez strike force is an awesome rod for texas rig, bottom contact. My only problem is that foregrip locking nut needs to be clamped down really tightly on steez reels.
Try wrapping the feet of the reel seat with some electrical tape.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:18 am

You are right..but a flagship rod made for their flagship reels shouldn't have this problem. I still love my jdm steez rods though :)

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:41 am

4g63power wrote:You are right..but a flagship rod made for their flagship reels shouldn't have this problem. I still love my jdm steez rods though :)

I agree...which Steez Reel ?

Cause the 105 Ltd does have a different configuration. I just put a small piece off of a matchbook cardboard flap under the front portion of my seat on my JDM Steez Hustler.

Mind me askin where you found your Strike force ?

Its time for Daiwa USA to bring this one and the Harrier Finesse to our shores.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 am

Mainly on steez sv tw. Seems to be the problem with non aluminum cap locking nut/ zaion seat models then. I bought mine from japan lure two years ago, i really like it for texas rigs

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 pm

E73Bass wrote:
bronzefly wrote:

Jeff

I agree on the Compile-X.... Mind me asking how old the 71H model is that you have.
I have noticed that all the Steez Compile-X (japan build) have different look and 3DX logo'd blank.

One would think that as long as this line has been around that if you bought a new one today it would be the same as one you would have bought 10+ years ago.
I think they are a different build from what they were when they first hit our shores many years ago.

If Tackle Trap should ever get their hands on the Steez Strike Force-7-2MH/H ; I would be very interested if the price was right.
I bought this past February
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Jeff

I have used mine in a pinch for frogs....It works ok, but there are many better choices for this technique imo.