Megabass Destroyer USA 2017 VS X7

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer USA 2017 VS X7

Post by bronzefly » Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 am

The X7 blank is arguably the best Megabass has ever made. They retailed around the $600 mark and quickly developed a following among enthusiasts, and are still sought after today. They were built for the JDM market and there really aren't a lot of models that closely resemble the US Destroyer models in general. I have a few of them that won't be going anywhere :D

I've been using the US Destroyer series since they were released and really like them. The available models are well suited to the wants and needs of US anglers and was well planned by Megabass. They're light, sensitive, and like all series, there are a couple of stand out models in my hands. The sensitivity is outstanding, and yes, easily on par with many other high end rod series out there.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Mon May 21, 2018 10:01 am

Yep the X7 are badass rods still have my Super Eiger the day I got from the Tackletrap. Who wants to buy it? sike :big grin:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 21, 2018 11:03 am

X7 gets me Boned up!! The Destroyer is hell of sensitive especially the Hien in my opinion, this of course is going on the assumption the blanks are shared between US 17' and JDM 16'/17'. If my assumption is correct then I'm off base, and then I can only speak intelligently on the 16 JDM Destroyer line :big grin: the X7 is on the other hand I love them! I love the core inplex blank so much I went ASL happy too :lol: and I see a challenge rod down the road as well as I love the blank flat-out is badass.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am

Once some additional coveted draft picks are secured I do see a Daemos in my future and possibly a Javelin :-k

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am

So in a nutshell I feel you're safe with Destroyer lines with the latest givings and offerings between the JDM and the u.s. series, but if you can get your hands on X7 models or like models with the core inplex technology I would say jump on that like a mouse on chedda good sir! I believe all 4 offerings(16' JDM, 17' US, 17' JDM along with anything with core inplex tech will provide huge enjoyment in your fishing :lol: