NRX 854C!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Longsticker
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

NRX 854C!

Post by Longsticker » Thu May 10, 2018 3:17 pm

First things first, I'm sorry as this has been discussed a ton i'm sure! I bought a NRX 854C when they first came out years ago. Barely used it and the reel seat epoxy and cork split (common problem from what I read). My procrastination has just now led me to finally calling them Lol. After calling a couple times I am told the only thing they do for manufacturers defect is have me ship the rod to them (non refundable) and they determine if the rod is a manufacturers defect or not. A couple people I know had pre-paid shipping labels sent to them to send them the rod, is that not a thing anymore? Don't get me wrong I have no problem paying the shipping but do feel like they should refund it once they determine its their fault. They got me by the balls so i'll have to ship it to them regardless just to get a new one to sell lol, but was curious as to how they handled anyone elses! Thanks in advance!

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: NRX 854C!

Post by TommyG » Sun May 13, 2018 5:43 am

Welcome!! Always good to see a new member =D> If I may ask, how long did you procrastinate?

Longsticker
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Longsticker » Sun May 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Well I bought the rod the year they came out, can't remember exactly what year but it's been a handful of years lol. I had kids, job changes (all the typical excuses lol) and just never got around to calling them! I finally have gotten back into fishing again and just seen it sitting in the garage and remembered it was faulty!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun May 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Have you considered contacting the retailer through which you originally purchased the rod? If they have a good relationship with the manufacturer, and their customers, sometimes they will be able to assist with the process in a more effective way than an end consumer calling in...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Longsticker
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Longsticker » Sun May 13, 2018 5:59 pm

The place I bought it from went out of business unfortunately! Apparently it's hard for a tackle shop to stay open here in Central Indiana, that would've made things much easier though! lol. I just wanted to vent somewhere, I'll get it sent in I reckon and get another 893! (If they will let me upgrade, I know they used to)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun May 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Longsticker wrote:The place I bought it from went out of business unfortunately! Apparently it's hard for a tackle shop to stay open here in Central Indiana, that would've made things much easier though! lol. I just wanted to vent somewhere, I'll get it sent in I reckon and get another 893! (If they will let me upgrade, I know they used to)
It's hard for service oriented independent tackle shops everywhere these days. I'd call customer service back again. Tell them that your reel seat failure is from a well known issue and explain that you've had the rod for quite some time and haven't been fishing much. They should be willing to help you out a bit better than having to use the expeditor service for a known issue. Worst case, ship them the rod and when they recognize that it's a legitimate claim, they'll send you a new rod.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap